• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

eightup

Hello everyone. My name is Ken. I come from the maritime industry. I usually work as a deck hand on Tug boats but I'm really excited about passing the apprentice test for entry into the IUOE Local 12. I'm number 3 on the dredge operators list. I can't wait for the call. I have experience on barges and live in downtown Long Beach, CA.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
jdlogger,

A little late, but I thank ya'... OCR

idk

Occupation
Operator
Hi I'm Roger I live in SoCal I'm local 12. I've worked for Sukut, Ebensteiner and some smaller rental companys. Haven't worked much in the last year it is very slow.
Roger

SeabeeEO1

hello

I’m a US. Navy SEABEE I operate all types of heavy equipment from cranes to dozers and from drill rigs to ditchers. I been in the business for 7 years with the navy and 3 year before that as a civilian.
Have a good one :usa

Dougster

My name is Dougster and I live in Eastern MA. I'm a 57 year old laid-off mechanical engineer trying to make a go of a "residential excavation and grading" business in order to survive. Sure as heck ain't easy in the current economic environment! :eek:

In my little business, I currently use a Mahindra 4110 w/Bradco 509 backhoe and a Yanmar VIO35-3 mini-excavator. :)

Dougster™ :usa

Git r Dug

Occupation
Monkey Slave, Grunt Labour, but most of the time i
Git r Dug

Hi my name is Rick i've been a lurker on the forum for along time. And finaly decided to join. I'm 21 years old and have been around equipment all my life and started operating machines when i was 12. So as of now i run excavators, crawler loaders, graders, skid steer, packer, and i have my class 1 so i also fill in for the truck drivers when they are off. So ya i sorta do everything but i'm also still learning alot everyday. :D

Thanks
Rick

49cat112

Occupation
Contract maint for VX-31 China Lake Ca.
Hi
Rob in Ridgecrest Ca. here. I just saved a '49 Caterpillar 112 Motorgrader from the jaws of a Chinese blast furnace. She's complete, runs and operates. Needs a few tweaks and repairs but what old machine doesn't from time to time right? Pics to follow....

49cat112

Occupation
Lets see if this works....

My '49 Cat. Yes....I'm shopping for tires!
320548671.jpg

49cat112

Occupation
I got here in 98 for my second tour at VX-31/WTS...retired as an AMH1 5 years ago and never left!

Iron Horse

Is there a secret handshake that i do'nt know about to get registered to the forum ? Ive sent several emails and have even posted a help question to one of the administrators on a thread . That administrator has Red links to help us but they are not accessable if your not registered .:Banghead All i require is an email confirming my registration . :beatsme

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Is there a secret handshake that i do'nt know about to get registered to the forum ? Ive sent several emails and have even posted a help question to one of the administrators on a thread . That administrator has Red links to help us but they are not accessable if your not registered .:Banghead All i require is an email confirming my registration . :beatsme

The member list shows you as joined 9th June. You must be registered else you would not be able to post, and you have 3 now.
Welcome aboard :drinkup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
All i require is an email confirming my registration

As Rob said, you're good to go. I think we're still not straightened out on the forum emails issue, so Steve has been hand approving new members in batches, as he finds the time to do so, thus eliminating the need for you to go through the confirmation email process.

On edit: I see you tried to get in touch with Countryboy. He's having difficulties of his own with computer access at his end, so that's why you never got a reply from him. I hope he gets straightened out soon too. I kinda miss having him around to help...

Last edited:

jurgcor

Occupation
Heavy equip operator/Rock pick
Hello everyone glad to be apart of such a great bunch of "brothers in dirt". Can't thank my buddy enough for turning me on to this wealth of info. I have been in the game 17 YRS. mostly a scraper hand, but dozers, loaders, excavators....... you get the idea. I currently work for Kiewit Texas Constr. I operate mainly a 10N w/impact ripper. I run all the iron. Picking rock seems to be my new specialty. Heavy highway, without us you don't move............. Love to be here

ODF

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Odf

Hi I'm a recent military retiree that got tired of digging in the dirt with an 18" folding shovel so I traded it in for something bigger. I am currently attending a Heavy Equipment Operators school. I don't have much in the way of hobbies but I really enjoy Harleys! :usa

49cat112

Occupation
Hi I'm a recent military retiree that got tired of digging in the dirt with an 18" folding shovel so I traded it in for something bigger. I am currently attending a Heavy Equipment Operators school. I don't have much in the way of hobbies but I really enjoy Harleys! :usa

Hehe....just the oposite with me. I spent 20 years working on Navy jets. I retired and now sit on my butt in a tool crib all night, play with my grader or old Chrysler during the day.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Rn'R

Hello, my name is Clive and I together with my son, own and operate a small crushing and contracting operation. I have been following the forum for quite a while and the thing I find most interesting is that owners and operators around the world no matter how big or small they may be, are experiencing exactly the same problems on a day to day basis that we experience in our neck of the woods. It makes me think that perhaps we are not doing so bad after all.

ODF

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hehe....just the oposite with me. I spent 20 years working on Navy jets. I retired and now sit on my butt in a tool crib all night, play with my grader or old Chrysler during the day.

I tried to sit around the garage here and work on the motorcycle, lawn mowers, boat, and whatever else was broken or neglected over the last 20 years but near bout lost my mind after three weeks, had to get off my duff and find something to do away from the house, retirement isn't all it is cracked up to be.