• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

MMSOCAL

Occupation
Excavator Operator 375b,ex1100me, 5130
Hello to all

Greetings from sunny southern california.:usa
I am a 22 year old excavator operator. Ive got about 4 1/2 years under my belt working on various pieces of equipment. I started out picking paper in a landfill in Arkansas(go hogs) work my way through the ranks and here i am.
I work for a medium sized non-union outfit running a 375 with an oddly picked 8.5cy bucket. I do mostly production, while i have done some other jobs that involved finishing but not many. I've operated anything from a 235 to a 5130(although only about 30 hr), D4 to D10N, and up to a 988 loader. So my experince is varried,but have spent most of my time between 375's and a leaky ex1100. I am very thankful for the chances i've had as i have come to realize that im way ahead of the game for my age. thank you all in advance for the advice and help i hope to gain here, and hopefully i may have some advice for others:usa - Matt

AnthraciteMiner

Hey fellas,

I'm 30 years old and live and work in Northeastern Pennsylvania, in the hard coal strippings. I've been doing this full time for five years and worked construction for five years before that. I started in the mines driving trucks, moved on to run dozers, loaders and excavators, and sometime later this month, will be taking on our Cat 5130 as its full time operator. Overall, pretty good job with good benefits, etc. I am going back to college in the Fall of 2008, also. So its gonna be a busy year, all in all.

As far as hobbies, I like to hunt small game, mostly rabbits with dogs, fish alot, and when the money allows, I have a pretty good collection of die-cast equipment started. Also like to do alot around the house and yard.

That's about it. Take care.

Cavalo

Occupation
Dependant backhoe contractor for provincial natura
Cavalo

Hello........this is my first forum that I have ever belonged to, I have checked out this site before, but never registered , until I figured I had a few answers to some of the questions and I identified with some of the other operators, that I better get on here.
I have a 07 JD 310SG bachoe with ride control, power shift, pilots, air cond. and accu swing. This is my third JD and every machine has been very good to me. I had a lot of Case backhoes when I first started out but as of 1994 I went with JD only because the salesman at that time forced the machine kind of on me and that machine was the best I ever had.
I contract to the natural gas company up here in BC Canada and have done that since 1979......it is very lucartive and if I quit I wouldnt get back on as a dependant like I am now.
Mikee

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
Hello All

Hi Guy's and Gal's
I don't remember exactly how I came across this site but , I like what I see. I am a equipment mechanic by trade . I also collect , restore and operate older/antique construction equipment . I have several cranes , loaders , graders , dozers ,backhoes and one roller in my collection. Do we have any other collectors here ???? If so , I would like to here from you . Do any of you live in Virginia ??

lizardo2

Occupation
Sales
Steve,
Thank you for offering these forums. I have been involved with the construction industry for 40 years, and am getting excellent information from all.

ironmen327G

My name is Tyler and I've been an operator for little over a year now. Just ggot put on a real machine last week. Running a 327g now, figurd I'd come here for some advice! Always want to learn more

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
my name is Brett and I have been operating all types of iron ever since I was able to reach the pedals, dozers, loaders, positracks, diggers, rollers, adt dumpers, mega mulchers, all manner of farm machinery, plus grain, cotton, cane harvesters.

u can never learn enough

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
AtlasRob

Name is Rob, bet none of you would have got that :D too many years in the seat and still learning. Must try and get a proper job before I retire. :cool: Have run most things, shovels, blades, lowloader to 80t etc but really settled as a 360 op, set up on my own in 2001 as a rubber duck ( wheeled exc ) owner op. Haven't got into contracting though that seems to be where the money is! Only one machine, I'm an operator dont want to be a plant manager looking after 6 or more.
Have done motorway muckshifting and reconstruction, ditched 48" gas pipe in Algeria, and most things in between. Never been in a mine, but have done tunnel construction.
Any spare Sundays are spent on a canal project operating thier 4t Hanix 360
A busmans holiday but incredible what these volunteers have achieved with nothing. Visit www.weyandarun.co.uk if you need to refresh your faith in the human race.
my site. www.Robtaylorplanthireltd.co.uk :beerchug

EqmtRunr

Occupation
Paving crew
EqmtRunr

Hi,
my name is Stefan and I will be turning 18 next month:drinkup and I am looking for a start in heavy equipment operating. I have worked on a farm since I was 14 and I have run tractors, crawler loader, backhoes, mini Ex, skid steers, combines, 1 ton dump trucks, if anyone knows or is looking for eager reliable help I am in the job market, I just need a chance I won't let anyone down. I have some expirience but need to learn much, I have a list of references and thats about it.:( I live outside of Millville which is +/-20mi south of williamsport eastern/central PA. Thanks,

Stefan

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Stefan! :)

We have some members from that end of PA, so hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction.

dirtboy

Dirtboy

Hello to all. Been running equip a little over 20 years started my own excavation co. in 1994 I do mostly residential work and a little commercial,septics, foundations, grading,clearing.
equip:komatsu pc160-7, Cat D5c, bobcatT300, Hyundai 55, 03 Mack tandem,07 ford f450 utility body, felling 25ton trailer, towmaster 7 ton tilt deck:pointhead (payments) I am 38 yrs old. pheasant hunting and snowmobiling are my hobbies if I ever get time. I'm also a nycfireman try to work mostly nites so I can dig during the day. Thanks for the site, only been a member for a short time but learned alot already confirmed some things that I thought I knew and learned some things that I didnt. I really like the oiffice info. this is usually the hardest info to find. :usa

WildMan

WildMan

Hey guys found this site, thought it looked like a good one, and wanted to say hi, I from Indiana, i'm 25 and been workin for a Excavating company for about 5 years, we do alot of subdivisions, demo, clearing and more.
Rick

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Paystar

Hello everyone:drinkup Just signed up. Found this site while doing a search for pics of the old Champion 100T grader. Pretty nice looking site, lots of info and great pics. I'm not real computer literate:bash and I never seem to have much time to get on one but still glad to check this out when I can.
I'm the owner operator of a small trucking business in Ontario, Canada. My newest truck is a 2005 International Paystar 5600i dump. I've been driving truck for 19 years and have run some heavy equipment, as large as a Cat 992 loader with joy stick steering. Looking forward to reading the many threads.:notworthy

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Paystar! :drinkup

danmed

Hi Everyone,
My family is starting to get into the equipment export business and we thought that this would be a great place to interact with some people in the industry.
Look forward to learning a lot from you all!
Dan

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums danmed! :drinkup

Mr. D

Mr. D

Howdy everyone.... I was searching google for a few things when this site came up. Great site from what Ive seen so far :D This seems like an extremely helpful and informative site! I recently got my CDL and Im hoping to get in with a construction company driving a dump truck. Hope to learn a lot from here.

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Mr. D! :drinkup