• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hello, my name is Clive and I together with my son, own and operate a small crushing and contracting operation. I have been following the forum for quite a while and the thing I find most interesting is that owners and operators around the world no matter how big or small they may be, are experiencing exactly the same problems on a day to day basis that we experience in our neck of the woods. It makes me think that perhaps we are not doing so bad after all.

Yer, but you have the weather :D Welcome aboard.
Do you have any pictures of your operation to share :drinkup

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Yer, but you have the weather :D Welcome aboard.
Do you have any pictures of your operation to share :drinkup

Thank you for the welcome.

You've got me on that one. We are having a fairly mild winter at the moment which means we can keep operating. I do sympathise with you operators in the northern hemisphere as some of the conditions you work under would absolutely drive me nuts!

When I get my required amount of posts I will post some photos.

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Hi,

What a great place to talk with people in the business...

I'm one of them people who have always had the knowledge of cars & trucks come fairly easy because I use to enjoy working on them... I don't care what education you have because if you enjoy the mechanics of machinery and working on them your going to become a self taught mechanic that can have a worlds wealth of info to share with others, so thats what I did right out of high school and what I did for many years, I also took a few tests becoming NASE certified in a few areas of auto repairs.... So when I look at my backhoe and then the manuals I can understand things, but I learned to always ask the pro's who have been there done that, because it never hurts, and chances are you will miss some things making the situation bigger :eek:

Then I went into the white collar world of auto insurance adjusting being I knew what the inside of cars & trucks looked like for the last 10 years..... then to finally leaving that business from being tired on getting my nuts tweeked :Banghead from both sides... wasn't worth the money they paid... :bash

So being the insurance company was sold off to new investors on the stock market, and the job went from 7 hour days to no less than a 7 day a week 14 hour days it caught up to me and I failed to take care of my health being I had Wilsons Disease, so that lead to my liver transplant from Wilsons Disease... so now I can't do what I do when I use to do it, so I take it easy now and do what I want to do when I want to do it... :)

So I went out and got a very nice 1988 John Deere 310c backhoe to build my garage and make the yard nice.... I'll hire this guy and that guy to do the hard work and everybody is happy :)

When its all said and done I'd like to keep my backhoe, but if I can't get work with it to help pay it off I guess I'll sell it when I'm done.... I'm not really looking to work full time with it, I'd love to have it for who ever and what ever to help pay for it... :usa

Iron Horse

The member list shows you as joined 9th June. You must be registered else you would not be able to post, and you have 3 now.
Welcome aboard :drinkup

Thank's for the welcome . Until now i have been a restricted member , i could make a post but i could'nt edit my post or start a thread . I could not do anything but make a post until i got my email to complete my registration . I have just bought a new Jonyang 23tonne excavator and wanted to ask some questions but could'nt because of not being able to start a thread . Ive just now noticed that i can now , and it was only by chance as i was not informed that i have been accepted .

Last edited:

nextdoor

Occupation
Farming and playing in the dirt
What a great site. Ill sure get some use out of it. Im located in Narembeen West Australia. Im a farmer and do a small bit of contract work but mainly concentrate at home. We have a 1952 D47U (nearly finished restoration) and a D9L also a 12E grader and a 920 loader. I grew up on the D4 as did my father (yes the same one!!). We have a range of ag gear namely Cat and Case but Ill leave that for the ag sites.I have worked at a couple of mines in the early nineties on dozers and graders and done a bit of time in diggers and dumpies. I know Ill pick up a lot from this site and who knows maybe I can ad a bit too. Cheers

BIG D

BIG D here wow what a find this web site is. Its the greatest I worked for a CAT dealer for 18 yrs then for CASE JD DEALERS as service manager. CAT still imbedded in my heart but due to health Im limited to what I can due but I cant get away from this web site I have a lot of question opinions and thoughts for the future thanks Dennis Frame the BIG D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Big D!:drinkup

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
Hey all, been here a little while now. Visit the sight every night. Been operator now for 20 something years. Pile Driving, Bridge contractor most of my life but switched to a smaller company that works as service contractor mostly for refineries. Pipelines, Tank rebuilding and foundation work is where we make our living. It's not real glamerous , but the scale is good and they keep us working year round. Nice to read articles here and the pic's are awesome!My name is Bill, I will probably be here nearly every night.

d4dave1

Occupation
Semi-retired. Still farming forage crops. Hoping t
d4dave1

Howdy all. My name is Dave ( geeze ain't THAT a shocker !? ) and I am from Alberta, Canada.
We own a small farm on the edge of the Rocky Mountains where we raised cattle and horses and kids for the last 35 years or so. Kids are all grown and gone ( no money in farming ), cattle market here is a wreck so all we do now is own horses and put up crops.
My heavy equipment experience is not very deep. I ran a D6 crawler loader in the 70's as well as Timberjack 230D and Cat 518 skidders. Worked beside a lot of Cats in my logging years, D6C'S, 8H'S, 7G's. Been running stationary heavy equipment as a Gas Plant operator since the early 80's such as White Superior Compressors, 2600 hp, 1200 hp and an 800 hp, a few 3406 Cats, 3412's and a 7042 Waukesha lately.
On our farm we run all John Deere equipment ( my wife bleeds Green and Yellow paint if she cuts herself ) an old JD 4230 with loader and a JD 4040. I try to keep my JD equipment in top shape but it's always a battle as you guys know. I "Green Lighted" our JD 4230 about 2 years ago so it is almost as new but I would like to re-do the interior as well.
I found this forum on Google while looking for info on a crawler loader or a rubber tire loader, trying to choose between the two.
My thinking is I would like to have a loader to clean corrals, re-pile burning brush piles, do some light brush clearing and piling, be able to lift off full lifts of lumber off our 5th wheel trailer and hopefully some day help me pursue my retirement dream of building an Underground home.
Any input as to which may be better suited for my plans is more than welcome.
I currently have a line on a JD 344G loader listed about $34 K and a sweet JD 555 crawler but am curious as to things to look for in used loaders. I've looked over a whole hockey sock full of tractors in my time but not many tracked or tired loaders.
Whatever I get pretty much HAS to be a John Deere, I MIGHT be able to get by with a Cat, anything else will likely be used by my lovely wife to bury my cold dead body then driven into the lake next door. Did I mention she is a REDNECK ? On our last Caribbean vacation she wore a wonderful two piece bikini on the beach topped off by John Deere ball cap.
Hope I can add to the chat here on this forum and I sure do plan to listen a lot.
Thanks to the Admin.'s for running such a cool site and for letting an old dog like me join.

Demo_Andy

Occupation
Demolition Machine operator
Hello

Alright guys and gals.

My name is Andy. At a guess I'll be one of the younger operators here, I'm 23 but have a wise head on my shoulders and respect the 'old' school guys. (No insult intended!)

I've been operating excavators now for 4 years doing demolition work for a company in central England. I had a slow start but luckily since I've picked it up and have a lot of confidence with the machines.

Currently I operate a Demo spec Hitachi Zaxis 225USRLC but have experience on everything from mini diggers up to Cat 345C and Hitachi 650s. I'm been trained up to operate UHDs too, spent a fair amount of time on Cat 330C and 345C UHDs.

Anyway, thats enough about me. Spent a bit of time going through the forums and it looks like a good community so thought it was time to join and share this passion we have!

All the best,

Andy

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Alright guys and gals.

My name is Andy. At a guess I'll be one of the younger operators here, I'm 23 but have a wise head on my shoulders and respect the 'old' school guys. (No insult intended!)

I've been operating excavators now for 4 years doing demolition work for a company in central England. I had a slow start but luckily since I've picked it up and have a lot of confidence with the machines.

Currently I operate a Demo spec Hitachi Zaxis 225USRLC but have experience on everything from mini diggers up to Cat 345C and Hitachi 650s. I'm been trained up to operate UHDs too, spent a fair amount of time on Cat 330C and 345C UHDs.

Anyway, thats enough about me. Spent a bit of time going through the forums and it looks like a good community so thought it was time to join and share this passion we have!

All the best,

Andy

Welcome aboard Andy good to see another UK operator on here. Get a few more posts in then you'll be able to post some pictures of those UHD machines :drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
That administrator has Red links to help us but they are not accessable if your not registered .:Banghead All i require is an email confirming my registration . :beatsme

On edit: I see you tried to get in touch with Countryboy. He's having difficulties of his own with computer access at his end, so that's why you never got a reply from him. I hope he gets straightened out soon too. I kinda miss having him around to help...

That was me, Iron Horse. I'm the un-official Welcome-er and new member helper-outer. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to help my own self out there for a while. Seems the bossman got a little stingey with the internet. I learned to share when I was 4.....but I digress. :D

My point, I was out for a while. Hopefully eveything is good to go now?

To all the new members I missed while I was gone: Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums! :drinkup

NL1CAT

Occupation
Operator
Hi everyone !
I'm Eddy i'm 41 years of age and live in The Netherlands (Holland).
I'm a operator for some 20 odd years.
I'm interrested in mining and quarrying so i think i'm at the right place here.. ;)
Nice to meet y'all !

breakneck

Hey all, i came cross this forum while looking for reference images for a project i'm working on. I'm a video game modeler and i think this place is great! Hope my endless questions wont bother too much

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums NL1CAT! :drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums breakneck! :drinkup

Mike250

Hi, My name is Mike.I am 23 years old.I have been interested in heavy equipment my whole life and now I am going to get some training. I have been lurking around this site for about a year before I joined and find it very informative and helpful.If anyone has any tips or other advice on starting in the industry I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks :)