• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Poclain Excavator

bmw520

Hello, I'm a guy from Norway, who are looking for wiring diagrams for the electrical system on my wheel excavator Poclain 61p 86 model. I can not find this on the internet anywhere. In Norway there are not many of these machines, and are then difficult to find different wiring diagram for this machine.
Anybody can help me? :)

bmw520

Poclain 61P

Contact me I have the full range of Poclain excavator manuals , they did not make a worksop manual for each model however they did do a mechanics hand book with all the info in it , but if you were not a Poclain engineer they could be hard work, if you have a problem with any part of your equipment , tell me what it is and I may be able to help you as I was Poclain engineer from 1985 untill 2000. I have a understanding of the full range including 60 - 1000 c 61/81 , 88 range . powersensor and the later Sumitomo type Cx range .

Hello, wondering if you could help me with the manual poclain 61P?
Is hard to find in Norway: (

eamond

Hi again,
My friend is looking for O-rings (oil seals) for the controls (Valve-chest) in his FC30. Can someone please point me in the right direction - preferably in Europe, but these items are small and light so postage shoulddn't be a problem from anywhere on the planet!
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Eamon.

poclain holland

Occupation
demolition highreach operator
Hi again,
My friend is looking for O-rings (oil seals) for the controls (Valve-chest) in his FC30. Can someone please point me in the right direction - preferably in Europe, but these items are small and light so postage shoulddn't be a problem from anywhere on the planet!
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Eamon.

Hello Eamond, first try CNH Case, they are still owner of Poclain, and have maybe info and parts for you.
Otherwise these O-rings are in mm. not inch, visit a hydraulic shop. The last thing we do is buy in Europe.
good luck.

eamond

Hello Eamond, first try CNH Case, they are still owner of Poclain, and have maybe info and parts for you.
Otherwise these O-rings are in mm. not inch, visit a hydraulic shop. The last thing we do is buy in Europe.
good luck.

Many thanks for your help, Poclain Holland. I have also got a Telephone No. for CNH, France and I have contacted them. So I'm hoping that this will solve (some of) my problems!

Best regards,
Eamon

MaxP90

Contact me I have the full range of Poclain excavator manuals , they did not make a worksop manual for each model however they did do a mechanics hand book with all the info in it , but if you were not a Poclain engineer they could be hard work, if you have a problem with any part of your equipment , tell me what it is and I may be able to help you as I was Poclain engineer from 1985 untill 2000. I have a understanding of the full range including 60 - 1000 c 61/81 , 88 range . powersensor and the later Sumitomo type Cx range .
Hi Paul, our Poclain 90 is old but sturdy. We have recently redone all the oil seals in the digger arms. Now we have an electrical fault. We have taken parts off to try to fix.
It would be great to have a manual for the machine. Can you help us please?
Thanks MaxP90 Australia

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Poclain, almost forgot about them. We never owned one here but did rent one on tracks with a grapple for loading big rocks for a couple months years ago. It was a tired and abused machine when we rented it from a local heavy equipment/junk dealer.

One little story about it: This dealer was famous for his "spray gun overhauls" if you know what I mean! Well he delivered the machine to us and said it was ready to work. Our operator climbed in and walked it down to the pit in the quarry to start sorting rocks. This was back in the day when the way you were taught to run a machine was to be told climb in and see what the levers do! Well a few hours later I get told to go down and see the operator as it seems to have an oil leak. When I get there he starts it up and sure enough oil is coming out of the engine breather pipe. Open hood and see it has a six cylinder Deutz diesel in there, first time I saw one. I notice that there is an alternator with no belt on the pulley and then see there is another pulley connected to this big fan inside the sheet metal covering of the engine. A little closer look and I notice that both pulleys have a nice fresh coat of red paint in the grooves! Not sure if the guy who painted this unit took the belt off to keep paint off it or just didn't notice there was none there at all. Boss said see if there is any fix to the engine. Well I dropped the pan and proceeded to remove the heads and cylinders, kind of like working on six air cooled motorcycle engines at the same time. As it turned out to no ones surprise there were some scuffed up pistons with the rings froze in the grooves. As I recall we only had to replace two pistons and do a quick hone of the cylinders and reassemble with new rings. OH! YES a new fan belt. Would hate to think what it would have taken to fix a an 855 Cummins if run that long and hard with basically no coolant.

The only other problem we had with this unit while it was here was finding hydraulic fittings for hoses when replacing them.

MaxP90

hi nick nice pictures, that yard would it be sedgemoor plant by any chance
i have some workshop manuals somewhere for old poclains
the old yard here in hook has just been demoed by two volvos and two hitachi,s :D

Hi, Do you still have old Poclain manuals? We had one for our p90 , but it seems someone has taken off with it!

Thanks MaxP90 Australia

MaxP90

hey thanks guys. i can't believe that i have never found this board before now! here are some pics of the machine i got today.

That looks a lot like our P90 only probably a little brother. Maybe the manual would be similar? We are seeking manuals to fix ours, great ol'machine!

MaxP90 Australia

MaxP90

Poclain 90 Pics

Here are some pics of our Poclain (OJI nick name) hard at work :)

We are still trying to get proper identification of its model number, apparently it is not a P90 lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0979.jpg
    IMAG0979.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,272
  • IMAG0947.jpg
    IMAG0947.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,938
  • IMAG0963.jpg
    IMAG0963.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3,412
  • IMAG0969.jpg
    IMAG0969.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,612

MaxP90

Big stump finally out!

Here's a couple more images you might enjoy, to show the machine in action. it took several hours to dig this big guy out. The deeper roots were in rocky soil and was holding on tight! We had to scrape the dirt off all way around before OJI could move the stump, it was so big and heavy!

Attachments

• IMAG1000.jpg
    IMAG1000.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,497
  • IMAG1004.jpg
    IMAG1004.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,484
  • IMAG1005.jpg
    IMAG1005.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,486
  • IMAG1006.jpg
    IMAG1006.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,469
  • IMAG1035.jpg
    IMAG1035.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,466

MaxP90

Looks like cedar? One of the biggest I've seen!

We think it was a yellow Tallowood. It was a very tall tree, beautiful wood, unfortunately it had to go. Was leaning a bit toward road, fell straight across.

Looks like the Hydraulic Oil Cooler is leaking too bad to fix, trying to see if we can get it aluminium welded or a replacement of some sort.

The alternator at the auto electrician's, hopefully it can be fixed.

Case trying to help us identify what model we have. Poclain 90CLB?

She's a great ol' gal with much work to do yet :)

Last edited:

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Good pictures of excavator on this thread. And the last post of images are great. It looks like the machine and the operator are doing good.

MaxP90

Good pictures of excavator on this thread. And the last post of images are great. It looks like the machine and the operator are doing good.

Yes, she loves to work!

The oil cooler was aluminium welded and placed back in, the alternator rebuilt and placed back in. The roadwork was almost complete, when the hydraulic plug started weeping quite badly and a lower boom hose failed. We are having the hose remade, and the plug was off the shelf. We were having a problem with the tracks intermittently not running- it came down to a loose earthwire in the electrical box!

She is a 1984, 90CKB, 22,000 tonne

We are still looking for maintainence and part manuals to help us keep her going.

Can anyone help?

RailwaySteve

I have just purchased a Poclain 61p railroader to use on a heritage railway unfortunately the brakes have locked on which I think may be due to a hydraulic interlock problem any ideas. I also need a copy of the operators and workshop manual as it needs some work done on it including a new fuse circuitboard. Can You help?

J-man345

Does anyone know what the weight of a gy 120 wheeled excavator is ? Is it close to the gc 120 tracked machine (56000lbs) thanks Jeff

sheepfoot

Jeff, My old hand book is showing the gc at 49,000 to 52,000, and the gy at 46,200 lbs. This is per the mechanic's hand book.