• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Poclain Excavator

irish-redneck

Hello everyone. I have been given a poclain gck120 which apparently ran around 5 years ago when it was driven off the trailer. It has adeutz engine. What batteries does this take? Any suggestions on how to go about trying to start her up? Thanks very much for any info.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Hello everyone. I have been given a poclain gck120 which apparently ran around 5 years ago when it was driven off the trailer. It has adeutz engine. What batteries does this take? Any suggestions on how to go about trying to start her up? Thanks very much for any info.

Feckin luck of de Orish, .......2x 637 12v I think is what they were fitted with over here ..............

can someone help me with a hidraulic diagram for a john deere 790 elc, is made in japan, the pump is kiend a screw pump, some one told me that machine is hitachi......my machine runs 30 minutes, then the power goes down, i check all the cooling system, everything is fine......i also have a mc100 poclain
thanks for the help

BritFitter

It's a shame that alot of these machines are just rotting away.
My friend brought a 125 excavator to restore but the barn he was storing it in caught alight and was damaged beyond repair....shame

Hugh

CBW1999

I am looking for the manuals for the model 60 (1974 year)-

Also input on having to bleed the entire hydraulic system. The current owner says this needs to be done to get the right track to work.......? Does this sound right? Asking price is $6500.00 usd.

Is this a good price?

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
This unit is not far from me. Been sitting a long time and had a drive problem when parked. Phil:)

Attachments

• Poclain 1.JPG
    Poclain 1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 2,450
  • Poclain 2.JPG
    Poclain 2.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,424

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Darn she is a straight one don't see them that fresh around now............

djskipp

You may be the perfect person to ask this question!

My friend has a Case/Poclain excavator. He says he knows it is a 1978 Case but no more than that. It has no markings on it. It looks exactly like a Case 220B, with the four access hatches on the top (plus the rear one), but it has a Deutz six cylinder with a turbocharger (seized!) instead of the V-10 Deutz that I see on all of the 220s that I have looked up on the internet. Is this the original configuration of the 220, before the V-10? Or is this something else?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

djskipp

I was replying to DiggerDan, by the way, since he was a factory Poclain rep when this thing was built, but if anybody else can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of a good source for a new/rebuilt turbo?

Thanks all!

djskipp

Maybe 170?

I wondered about that but all of the pictures that I have seen on the internet of 170s show two access hatches on top instead of four like the 220 has. Maybe an older version of the 170?

danielboling

Occupation
Truck driver
How much did he give for the 160? I have one for sale, runs great undercarriage is 75%, great machine. Im not sure on a price but was wondering if 10k was a good price.

shizzel

Poclain

oh yes hes a bit strange i brought my d4c from him about three years ago that yard certainly is a sight to be seen,when we loaded my d4 it was onto a flatbed he lifted it with this old crane ,the hoist did not work he could only boom in/out i must say a bit frightening i soon backed under as soon as it was high enough

Does anyone have the address for this supplier please? as I am after some parts for a Poclain to rebuild and it looks like he has them. :)

shizzel

Do you have the address for this guy please? can you message me it as I am after some parts for a poclain and he looks as though he has them.

Thank you
shizzel

fashraf

Hi, Im lookin for a parts manual for a poclain TY45 wheeled excavator that im trying to restore, any thoughts on where i can find one?