• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Poclain Excavator

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Well done sir, that's something to be damn proud of.

In my late twenties and most of my thirties I drank to drown my sorrows/troubles. One day I realized the damn things were doing the backstroke while I dealt with the hangover. Along about forty I started riding big motorcycles on the road again, and drinking and riding is beyond stupid. Now I carry concealed most always, so between the two I just don't drink but maybe one beer in the company of family or close friends, no bikes and no guns.
You are the one that deserves the accolades,as they say in the program,the right number is none.I am afraid if I had one it would be all over so I am afraid to try it.I did not do this by myself and I give thanks every night but life is pretty good for me sober so I'll just watch the others who are not ready yet.Thanks for your comments.Ron G

Poclainyt45

I have some pictures for you. I have this machine in Suriname and i am still working with it. I am looking for an hydraulic pump or an repair kit to buy. Yt45 with an deutz engine 4 cilinder. Thx

poclain holland

Occupation
demolition highreach operator
Need help to confirm manufacturer and model please

Hi, sure it is a Poclain RC200 made sinds 1972

Few years ago I took this picture and I rediscover it yesterday in my archive, and since I have a question: what manufacturer and model? After few search I think it's a Poclain RC 200 but I'm not absolutely sure, anyone could confirm?

TVA

Just curious: how similar these Poclanes to Case 88 series?!

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Just curious: how similar these Poclanes to Case 88 series?!
Pretty sure they are the same machines. Had a customer with a "Case/Poclain" years back, it was actually a 160 Poclain but had a 180 undercarriage. Quite the powerful digger, but the operators would seize the Duetz because they wouldn't allow enough warm up time before throwing a load on it. They ended up replacing it with a 9050 when those came out.

TVA

Pretty sure they are the same machines. Had a customer with a "Case/Poclain" years back, it was actually a 160 Poclain but had a 180 undercarriage. Quite the powerful digger, but the operators would seize the Duetz because they wouldn't allow enough warm up time before throwing a load on it. They ended up replacing it with a 9050 when those came out.
Basically they went from Poclain to Sumitomo!

TVA

While we are talking about 88 series, can anyone enlighten me what was rebranded as Case 88 series on AG side?