• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

K&W Demolition Transportation

kamerad47

How long is that total ? That truck can't fit down city streets? Are they only legal for instate road travel?

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
I guess the long draw bar is to help back in tight spots without jacknifing.

It's to allow for more room between the truck and trailer when picking up and transfering bins up and down when the truck is jack knifed like that in the YouTube vid link.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
If I had to guess the truck is about 30'-32' long and the trailer with tongue is about 38' total of 68'-70' long. My roll off is about the same 30'-32' long and the triaxle tag is 37' long 67'-69' long. It is a litle tuff in some tight towns where everbody parks on the corner but you can et around. K&W rig should be esier to get around since it has a tuntable on the trailer. By the way K&W what is the tare wieght on the truck with the hoist.

K&W

First off....thanks for the compliments guys :D!!!!

Now, it's almost 72ft long, and I could have went with a shorter drawbar, but I like the looks of the longer one :cool2 (and that's the only reason it's longer....cause I like how it looks :Banghead)! I don't worry about getting into tight spaces, or my trailers light bars being too low, because I can drop the trailer, and leave it outside of the landfill, and outside of places that are tight (that's why I went with this set up in the first place)!!!

The truck with the hook weighs about 27,000lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel, and the total unit weight about 35,000lbs......but it will have a bit more weight once the fenders and stacks and things are added!!!

I went with this set up, because it will work for what I do (remember, I take my waste 200-300 miles most of the time to dump, and bring aggregates back), and as much as I like to be profitable.....I like my office to be sharp (since I'm in it 10-16 hours per day :Banghead)!!!

I try to put some CLASS in TRASH.....LOL:D:D:D!!!!

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I am at 30,800 with a full tank of fuel and me.

petersfamilytru

2-truck__loader__and_excavator_038.jpg

Last edited:

petersfamilytru

Grapple

That is the best grapple I've run across... It's made by a company in Oregon named Shamrock Steel Fabricators. In fact, I liked the grapple so much, I bought a pin-on brush rake from them for my D6D.

There are two hydraulic cylinders hidden away inside the grapple. Having a grapple with it's own hydraulic cylinder's is a huge advantage.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
That totally would make life easier, I find thumb/rake combos a PITA when positioning them together and mechanical thumb rakes are even worse.

petersfamilytru

The beauty is that you are able to use the grapple in any position... It's like going from the old style thumb to a progressive link style. It also gives great senstivity... I can pick up a piece of pvc pipe without breaking it.

I've put that grapple through hell and never had a single problem with it. The folks at Shamrock Steel Fabricators know how to make tough attachments.