• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

K&W Demolition Transportation

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice lookin' cans :naughty LOL.

As far as tarps go, we have a Roll Rite remote control tarp on our newest hook and it works great. Auto tower and auto arms. It really helps you adjust to different can sizes fast and you can tarp the box while you do your walk around. It came on the truck when we bought it, the new truck was already built and sitting at the dealer, so I don't know what it retails for. If it is in your budget, I would highly recommend one.

K&W

I only deal with a few select customers (who know that any damages will be charged to them :guns), and I also have to watch the weight on the containers :Banghead....since I will be hauling two of them more often than not :naughty, so that's why I didn't go crazy with a bullet-proof spec!!!!

I'm going to run custom fitted vinyl tarps, and each of my containers have 5 bow pockets in the top rail!!
The hooks are on the sides of each post in the corner....for that clean look :cool2!!!!!
CopyofGEDC0082.jpg

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I only deal with a few select customers (who know that any damages will be charged to them :guns), and I also have to watch the weight on the containers :Banghead....since I will be hauling two of them more often than not :naughty, so that's why I didn't go crazy with a bullet-proof spec!!!!

I'm going to run custom fitted vinyl tarps, and each of my containers have 5 bow pockets in the top rail!!
The hooks are on the sides of each post in the corner....for that clean look :cool2!!!!!
CopyofGEDC0082.jpg
ahh now i see them i thought they were just welds i was lookin at in the pics tho...

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums greensrevice! :drinkup

greensrevice

yes
we have some TFI cans but they are very heavy ... i went with east coast cont.. on the last order ..very light and cheap... our cans get so messed up ....

Rockbreaker

Love the pics of your older truck and the new one K&W:drinkup

As i live i Norway i just wonder how much you are alloved to have for maximum weight on that new ride? Truck and trailer.
In tons please so i can understand :cool:

K&W

Love the pics of your older truck and the new one K&W:drinkup

As i live i Norway i just wonder how much you are alloved to have for maximum weight on that new ride? Truck and trailer.
In tons please so i can understand :cool:

80,000 pounds/ 40 tons :mad:........Technically and Legally :naughty !!!!That's gross vehicle weight (Truck + Trailer + Payload)!!!:rolleyes:

Rockbreaker

Thanks K&W :drinkup

Don`t have a truck license but i belive that you would be abel too carry 50 tons or 100 000 pounds(??) legally here on a set up like that.

K&W

Tubs painted and ready for pick-up :D ...... :idea now if I can just get the truck finished to go pick em up :Banghead !!!!
2-21-2008_006.jpg

Nac

Occupation
Construction
yes
we have some TFI cans but they are very heavy ... i went with east coast cont.. on the last order ..very light and cheap... our cans get so messed up ....

Thats why I dont mind spending extra I spec my boxs HD and they last a lot longer. I have got princing from other guys and they price is about the same for a lot light spec box.

bins

Is that trailer being built by lake region trailers. I see they have an ad in the newest wastemag? Also if you do not mine me asking, how much do they cost?

nedly05

How long will the upfit take on your truck? Seems like you should be going in a week or so after the upfitter gets it?

LaLaMan

What kind of suspension does the Pete have?

It looks to me that it had a suspension designed for onroad use. So how does it handle off road? Im guessing to keep the wight low its only single frame and not double.

K&W

Is that trailer being built by lake region trailers. I see they have an ad in the newest wastemag? Also if you do not mine me asking, how much do they cost?
Yes, it is being built by Lake Region Trailers...and they start at about $24,000 for a stock two axle, and then the price goes up :Banghead...depending on what options you want!!!

[-Agent-];67054 said:
Those are some nice looking trucks and trailers. Keep up the good, cleaning...

How long will the upfit take on your truck? Seems like you should be going in a week or so after the upfitter gets it?
The hook will take about 3-5 days to install, and that's at Ampliroll's Factory facility in Grand Rapids,MI!!!

Is that air ride out back? If so thats a spooky ride with a 40yd can holding 10+ tons.
Yes, but it's the Hendrickson Primaax air ride suspension (4 bags instead of 8 like KW AG suspension)...which has a stiffer and more stable ride :D!!!! I know what your talking about though, and to boot, my trailer is on air too :Banghead....but that's why I have to make the truck look so cool, so I can be careful and take my time cruising slow and low :cool:!!!!!

What kind of suspension does the Pete have?

It looks to me that it had a suspension designed for onroad use. So how does it handle off road? Im guessing to keep the wight low its only single frame and not double.
The white and blue Peterbilts have Flex-air suspension, which is only rated @ 38,000lbs, but they handle OK off road...you just have to take your time and be careful!!! The Blue one has full locking rears, which really helps. They are only single frames too, but they hold up OK for what we do!

Last edited: