• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest dozer?

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Hi, R-n-R.
That is a root rake, is it not? It would certainly cover the ground a bit quicker than the 12 foot rake I had on a Cat 941 up at Hervey Bay in the mid-1990's.

It is Deas, I just thought I would throw it in for good measure. It is pushing hundreds of kilometres of fencelines on a station in the Territory that I mentioned in another thread.

Rn'R.

Deas Plant

Can you imagine the fun..........?????????

Hi, R-n-R.
Can you imagine the fun you could have if you rocked up with that jigger to push coal alongside the 'Kummagutsa' D475 in the photos above yours? Assuming of course that the wings would stand the strain.

Even if you never pushed a bladeful of coal, the looks on the faces of the locals oughta be worth bottling. LOL.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Hi, R-n-R.
Can you imagine the fun you could have if you rocked up with that jigger to push coal alongside the 'Kummagutsa' D475 in the photos above yours? Assuming of course that the wings would stand the strain.

Even if you never pushed a bladeful of coal, the looks on the faces of the locals oughta be worth bottling. LOL.

There is no doubt about that at all, Deas. I do not see why it wouldn't push coal, because I don't think that would put as much strain on the wings as a blade full of 40' Lancewood trees or the reasonable sized Paperbarks and Ghost Gums that were being cleared. I think perhaps the bigger problem would be putting the power to the ground.

Rn'R.

Attachments

• 124_2472.jpg
    124_2472.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 5,450
  • 124_2475.jpg
    124_2475.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 4,798

scrub bull

holy crap there is some big machines pictured here, you'd want to hope no body parked a ute in front of you, bit of a bump and out the back comes 1 compacted ute.:eek::eek:

rocket100

Big Dozers

These are a couple of pics of D11 R carrydozer. The mine I'm at has 4 of these dozers. They are used to push brown coal to feeder breakers then onto conveyers. I think they can push around 90 m3 per push.

Attachments

• Photo0102.jpg
    Photo0102.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 14,629
  • Photo0101.jpg
    Photo0101.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4,716

Spanrz

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
These are a couple of pics of D11 R carrydozer. The mine I'm at has 4 of these dozers. They are used to push brown coal to feeder breakers then onto conveyers. I think they can push around 90 m3 per push.

Yeah, that's the ones I was talking about earlier (RTL).

Nice pics. We got the 1st trade in from there (minus the 5 shank ripper and blade), it's now working up at Isaac Plains, QLD.

Is that Morwell site??

rocket100

The hose reel is for hosing down the machines each day. They hook up to a water main. If they dont the coal dust catches fire. If you dont the pics shows what happens.

Attachments

• Photo0296.jpg
    Photo0296.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 4,171
  • Photo0297.jpg
    Photo0297.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,333

TomCat795F

Occupation
Coal Miner
I've been a coal miner for 20 yrs and have never seen a coal dust fire on a piece of equip. The only time I ever seen a coal dust fire was right before a blast, as we were pulling the equip. out of the pit, the dust didn't have time to settle before the shot. When the blast went off, the dust ignited. Nothing was damaged but it was pretty cool for those of us who seen it.

What type of coal is being mined where these fires have happend?

alco

Hey, I think I recognise this guy. Good to see you over here.

Brian

rocket100

We are mining brown coal, totally different to the black coal. On very hot days the coal can accually self ignite, that is why there are water pipes over the whole mine. The dust can settle in and around the engine bays and catches fire.

TomCat795F

Occupation
Coal Miner
Hey, I think I recognise this guy. Good to see you over here.

Brian

Hey Brian how are ya? Thanks for the tip, very cool site!!!

As for the brown coal, has anyone ever been burnt or blown up by it. What I'm trying to say is, do you have a lot of close calls when working with this stuff?

rocket100

Its not really that bad but in the right conditions it can get dangerous eg hot, windy weather, if you don't get onto it straight away. The mine next door burnt for nearly a week about 2 years ago. Lots of fire trucks and men to put that one out.

Haul-Pak

Yeah ... Thermal coal will burn pretty well and will smoke 24/7.

Driving through the snowy Mountain's .. find Smoke and Dry spots in the snow bank .... Thats coal Burning.