• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest dozer?

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Joey Khan! :drinkup

Please refrain from posting in all caps. It could be considered shouting and it makes your post difficult to read. :)

fiat41b

pictures with acco dozer

Hey guys just wanted to point out that in the picture sitting in the middle with the ACCO dozer is a FIAT-ALLIS 41 with a CAT D10 on the other side all three have owned the (worlds largest crawler) award in their days of glory.
Wish i had the money to buy the 41 its been in storage with that Acco for a while used to be for sale even has a kelly ripper but shipping price would kill would be nice to have the big 575 Komatsu in the picture and the tc-12 Terex.

Joey Khan

Occupation
Deep Ripping
Hey hows it going guys?Wow its been a while since I been on this forum. I apologize, though I will get you guys some pictures of some pretty amazing ripping and D11's. I just took them a few days ago

Joey Khan

Occupation
Deep Ripping
P1012089-1.jpg

P1012096.jpg

P1012089.jpg

P1012090.jpg

P1012097.jpg

P1012099.jpg

P1012101.jpg

P8181153.jpg

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Ag ripping is where they tear up rock and hard soil to prepare for orchards. I don't know if they do that anywhere else besides CA.

Great pics Joey! Good to have you along here! :cool2

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Ag ripping is where they tear up rock and hard soil to prepare for orchards.

Thanks......:rolleyes:

More specifically J. Khan, for an example -what is the depth, width and pattern to achieve the correct growing medium for say an orange tree? Does the species of tree dictate a specific ripping spec'?

Just curious, as I have never seen this before.

Spanrz

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
The largest D11 made is the D11R CD with a Coal Blade.

Can push 80 odd metres of coal in one go. 8 metres wide x 4 metres high.
Can't drive it by sight, need GPS to drive them.

If I can find a pic, I'll post it.

RolyD8k

Occupation
farmer & earthmoving contractor
D11R CD coal blade

Hi, Spanrz.
That is a pretty broad statement to make, that you can't operate a D11 Carrydozer coal blade by sight and that you NEED a GPS to operate it. Try me sometime.
Deas Plant,i think this is the blade Spanrz is talking about,it looks a lot bigger than a standard CD

Attachments

• D11R  CD coal blade.JPG
    D11R CD coal blade.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 20,809
  • D11R CD.jpg
    D11R CD.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 22,283

Deas Plant

Bigger it is.

Hi, RolyD8K.
Thanks for the photos. I was aware of the blades that Spanrz was writing of. At 4 metres high, they are substantially higher than a standard Carrydozer blade but the operator is also sitting fairly well up in the cab of a D11 too.

I have run a Cat D11N with a 9-foot high cola blade and it would stand wet coal well over 4 feet above the moldboard. I can imagine that that blade would stand wet coal even higher but it is also amazing how you can get used to restricted visibility in a machine. F'rinstance how do tank drivers or the operators of the armoured dozers get on when the hatches are battened down?

Just my 0.02.

Spanrz

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Yep, RTL's D11R's.

I have seen these machines, though not fully equipped. One of them got traded and now work's at Issac Plains mine in QLD (AUS) (under Cooks Constructions)
My boss at work, talked CAT into making a large coal blade for the D11R equipped with a 5 shank ripper tyne.
I have seen the original plans and designs of it. These blades were the largest blade ever made (at the time) by CAT.

There are 5 of these in the Latrobe Valley. I think there is another one in the wind. All these machines have GPS.

The only problems I hear the D11R's have, is broken head bolts and something about the hot exhaust manifolds.

Last edited:

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
Not the biggest

For a Komatsu 455 in 1983 may be it was. 26 ft wide 8 ft high.

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 8,558
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 8,719

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Does this one qualify, 45 feet wide?

Rn'R.