• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Well, now that we got that settled...time to get this thread back on track. Since I couldn't find any brochure photos to post, here's a couple of on the job poser pics for ya.

Airport01.jpg

Hill02.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
JNB I like those precast headwalls. Do they come with lifting eyes? Never seen that type in my area.

Not a fan of the CMP, I've replaced too many LF that's rusted out in the bottom in a short time.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
CM - CMP's are the county spec around here unless city specs differ, so that's what they get. Specs also call for poured in place with no mention of precast ends to keep homeowners from killing themselves. I set a few of them every month. These have two lifting eyes at the heavy end and one at the other. I only use the one and then use a wrapped strap around the CMP stub. Seems to balance out better that way.

Pafarmer - That rock wouldn't fit in the bucket so I slid it to the driveway entrance. What could be better than a free landscape boulder? I took a month off at Christmas and it's been on and off rain/ snow/sleet/rain or just plain messy ever since. The Case seems to be problem-free when it sits, well...except for the fire that one time. :rolleyes:

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
That's one hell of a rock JNB.....how's the CASE treatin you these days ?

Now Here's a couple of "Rocks" ….. I even dug them out with the grapple …. it was in the middle of this guys hay field, just the top 10" showing, but raising hell with his equipment ….

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 774
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

HillBoy

one of my 246D Street machines,two speed hi flow with mclarrens
View attachment 129802

Toomuchmachtime, these tires look impressive. I'm thinking of getting some solids as well as I'm tired of flats and I don't think the foam fill is worth the money. How is your comfort ride? Do these tires wear quick? Any positives/ negatives you can pass on? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

durallymax

Toomuchmachtime, these tires look impressive. I'm thinking of getting some solids as well as I'm tired of flats and I don't think the foam fill is worth the money. How is your comfort ride? Do these tires wear quick? Any positives/ negatives you can pass on? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Are punctures your only issue or are there other reasons for the flats? What kind of punctures? A better air tire can help too, airless isn't always the answer.

If you want airless, nice ride, long wear, there's always the Tweel. Does cost more than solid/semi solid tires though. The new style are very nice.

Tweel AT.jpg

Tweel AT New.jpg

HillBoy

Our flats are mostly from nails - we do a lot of work around demolition and new construction. How much are the Tweets running for? I like them too, just wondering if I can afford them. Can the wheels be re-used?
I like the tread depth of the toomuchtime Mclarren tires - they seem to have a much deeper tread than any pneumatic tire I've seen, so they'll probably last a very long time.

durallymax

If you are constantly removing nails and such from the tires then airless would be the way to go. If it was just the occasional nail something like the bibsteel might work, but sounds like you know the conditions you will be in and what hazards there are. I haven't had to fix many punctures with the bibsteels but that's just on machines running around the farm.

I think Tweel s are around 1k each now, not sure how the price has been lately on them. They are retread able which adds a lot of value. Many solids are not. I notice the mcclarens are pressed on, at least some of them. Probably not an issue for you but in our barns the curbs are the perfect height to knock them off the rim over time. It's happened before with a different set we had, might be a non issue with the mcclarens though.

Tread depth isn't everything, tread compound, curing, and casing performance also plays a role. Radial tires wear 2-4 times longer than bias tires due to the casing more than anything, they generally have similar tread depth. The Tweel still functions like a radial tire and has a pile of steel coil in it. The band you see between the lugs and spokes is full of steel which is what keeps performance similar to a radial and increases the footprint with low ground pressure. An all rubber concept that's Swiss cheesed can flex a lot and create a lot of heat which can lead to quicker wear.

ironjunkie

Are punctures your only issue or are there other reasons for the flats? What kind of punctures? A better air tire can help too, airless isn't always the answer.

If you want airless, nice ride, long wear, there's always the Tweel. Does cost more than solid/semi solid tires though. The new style are very nice.

View attachment 132550

I've seen this pic before, just now noticed that those "tweels" have a non directional tread. Have you noticed any traction difference in the dirt/mud?

durallymax

Difference compared to old tweels? Pneumatic tires? Solid Tires? Old Tweels had a non directional blocky tread and slightly different spoke design. These Tweels get much better traction and are smoother. They do not get the traction our machines with pneumatic Bibsteel AT's get but they are better than solids.

Deereman

If you don't mind I can give you my experience with them so far. We went from foam filled to McClarens (little over $3k for the set). So far the only positives I like is of course is no flats(which we didn't have any way) and you do gain a little tire height/dump height(Very Little)
Negatives- Ride is quite stiffer then I would have thought(wasn't expecting as good as air tubeless). Easy to get stuck. You have to watch out when going forward and backwards. Can't really do it to fast. More or less ease into it. Keep from tearing up finished work. And I haven't check yet, but seems that the MCC's are a narrower tire then what we had and the tracks might be more loose on them vs our FF. Haven't check to see if what the linkage will be like. Over all, I don't think I will go this route again. Never know how things are till you try them. Btw, this machine sees a little bit of everything.

HillBoy

Thanks, deereman, well appreciated. I see they offer two tread designs - AT (more rubber surface on the ground) and DT (seems for off-road). Which tire do you have? How many hours you got so far? I checked with other solid tires, and other people complain of lost traction vs. pneumatics - seems this is one common thing I'll have to deal with if going solid.

Deereman

Thanks, deereman, well appreciated. I see they offer two tread designs - AT (more rubber surface on the ground) and DT (seems for off-road). Which tire do you have? How many hours you got so far? I checked with other solid tires, and other people complain of lost traction vs. pneumatics - seems this is one common thing I'll have to deal with if going solid.
We must have gotten the deep tread. Don't believe the sales guy or even me looking on the website caught that there was 2 versions . Would like to try the AT. I'd say the machine has give or take a hundred hours or so. Now we just use the 320 Deere where traction won't be a problem and use the 250-II Deere with foam filled with tracks every where else.

Todd v.

I demod two machines this past week and one had solid tires, didn't pay attention to the brand but they really liked to sink in compared to the pneumatic tires. The tread design was very deep on the edges and a lot less deep in the center but i think overall they were skinnier also.20150325_132316.jpg

Last edited:

Greenstreet

photo 2(8).JPG Got all the control cables replaced in my "new" Scat Trak 1700C along with filters and fluids. It's good to be back in the saddle. Pleased with what it can do but can't wait to get tracks on it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Greenstreet metal OTR tracks will make that a different machine, ran that setup for years during winter.