• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new ride

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Well I bet nobody has done what I got a call for this morning. I had to rescue a young raven from this silo his foot was tangled up in a piece of baler twine and was hanging upside down.
DDA32376-F43D-4B84-A29A-FD61836171B4.jpeg 7092EAA3-2CFD-4CBE-B5E3-52EF0C8A678D.jpeg 608E9ED6-8797-4D2B-AE3C-02EA73FD97C7.jpeg

ichudov

No, I have to get a permit every time I transport it, even without forks. My gross weight is 88,000 lbs.

The good news is that permits are very easy to get. They are not even very expensive.

Tugger2

Your rig looks really nice. An aluminum rigging box on the deck behind the cab built to fit with the cab shape would be nice. Make it cabinent style so you could hang your rigging,maybe even heated to keep all your synthetic rigging dry. Ive thought of it on mine,but the job box does the trick.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Your rig looks really nice. An aluminum rigging box on the deck behind the cab built to fit with the cab shape would be nice. Make it cabinent style so you could hang your rigging,maybe even heated to keep all your synthetic rigging dry. Ive thought of it on mine,but the job box does the trick.
I’ve thought about almost exactly that but I’ve kinda ran out of cash. Might take a couple years.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I did my first pool lift today. It turns out I set the trusses on the house three years ago.
Every time I use this new rig it impresses the heck out of me.
IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2721.JPG

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated, I’ve just been super busy and kinda lazy when I get home. The first picture is of a job I did for the Mennonites today. 65 x150 the first 50 ft. I set the timbers for and the rest of the roof we set the trusses. I was in the air less than 3 hours.
The second picture is of one of our own jobs we are building a new garage and house and the garage trusses came a day early and I had to have them dumped on the the other side of this row of trees and I had to lift them over, I had to set mid span on my off side but was able to stay in mid span charts. I had 110 ft. Of stick out, I had a pretty good grip on my seat cushion but all went well.
I did my first silo pour with my new outfit last week, the guys up top said they like the new crane it’s a lot smoother. Place smiley face here.
F730AFBC-E439-4453-820B-18A559990A79.jpeg B5300A7B-A1EE-460E-AD4D-55247A224E28.jpeg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Saw this old gem on a crane job today all I could think about was Peter Fonda in easy rider, I thought he rode a triumph or a bsa, no! An old hard tail Harley. During some down time I googled the movie to find out what year it was made ( 69) the young guys on sight thought I was crazy when describing the movie.

92B8BAED-3D0E-45DB-9BFB-89686F55A503.jpeg

Last edited:

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Does anyone know what happens when you hit your finger with a preasure washer? “ I do” it instantly blows up to twice it’s size, turns white and hurts like h&ll. As my wife was getting ready to take me to the vet I was milking the water out and telling her “ I got this, it’s ok, don’t need the doctor” I soaked it in peroxide and wrapped it up and it’s good as new.

crane operator

https://www.mdedge.com/emed-journal/article/100650/case-report-high-pressure-injection-hand-injury

looks like the big danger is infection, because you don't bleed, there's no way for the body to get rid of any thing by bleeding. Looks like antibiotics . Water is Far better than high pressure hyd oil. That shows a 30-40% amputation rate.

Be careful.

As a aside, it must be the week for it, I got a couple stitches in my shin thursday. Fell and didn't think much of it until about three hours later when I went to shower and my sock and boot were squishy. Finger disappeared to my first knuckle in the hole, so off to the ER to get it sewed up and a tetnus shot.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
Hospital for the pressure washer to the finger. Cheaper and less painful than loosing the finger.
Cam

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Gota love it when guys do this it wasn’t bad at the other end of the House I would just set it on the plate and drag it under the straps “ a pain but I’m getting well paid to do things the way they like” But at this end they where raised bottom cord trusses and there was steel clips every 2 ft. that I couldn’t drag them over so they had to mess with them. I give them credit they stuck with it and kept sticking their strapping over 8 feet at a time.
2299D97D-7AF4-4DF5-8461-3311C1863952.jpeg E835EE11-D973-4FEB-882D-D6DF7E4DDD9C.jpeg