• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new ride

crane operator

Isn't it nice when they stick those nailers out there? the nicest is when they're out there like 16'

I've got most of my framers trained to just cut individual boards, but some guys you just can't teach.

td25c

I generally start out the conversation like this ….. " Good lord ! Is this your first job " LOL! :D

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I’m getting there I spent five years getting my old boom truck the way I wanted it. So now I’m starting over, but I’m a little more fussy with this one, starting fresh and all.
Latest additions
Home built radio fixture c/w Sirius radio
Covers to keep mud and salt off sensitive parts
Foot rest, I can’t help putting my feet on the glass and it bothers me
Oh a big one, checker plate fender covers
Front glass cover
Chrome hub caps
E684DAC5-BD95-4E80-A9D3-8FD47109D8EE.jpegBD9C59A1-389D-46EB-82F0-72BACCBE31F2.jpeg928BEE86-6824-475C-9985-8BC3139E7E04.jpeg

Last edited:

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
05AFC174-10A7-4E80-8BD5-EE15DD605EB0.jpeg I’m posting these pictures, first cause I know you all like purdy pictures but all of these ideas I have stolen from someone else so it’s my turn to pass them on. Except the custom wooden radio mount that’s mine, born out of a lack of something commercially available, and it’s easier for a carpenter to build cabinetry than steel fabbing something.

Last edited:

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I generally start out the conversation like this ….. " Good lord ! Is this your first job " LOL! :D
That's what I'm thinking, but I'm very carful. Not everyone takes constructive criticism well and I need every customer that comes along. So for the most part unless they ask me or they're doing something dangerous I just mumble under my breath.

crane operator

Glad to see you out working it. Just because I'm curious, how is manitex getting their boom length on your crane? I see they have a box on the side, but no reel, so I'm guessing that that just has the angle indicator/sender in it.

I'm guessing its getting length from a small reel at the base of the boom, with the wire attached to the end of the tip section. That's the way some of the new link belt locking booms work. Altec also had that, but with a standard reel on the side and pulley's.

Its nice not to have the reel on the side when you're working in the trees. It's not so nice, when it gets a big ball of grease stuck to it from being inside the boom. Trade offs for everything.

But I also see that box has a radio antenna on it, and the only thing I could figure was radio receiver for your A2B.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Glad to see you out working it. Just because I'm curious, how is manitex getting their boom length on your crane? I see they have a box on the side, but no reel, so I'm guessing that that just has the angle indicator/sender in it.

I'm guessing its getting length from a small reel at the base of the boom, with the wire attached to the end of the tip section. That's the way some of the new link belt locking booms work. Altec also had that, but with a standard reel on the side and pulley's.

Its nice not to have the reel on the side when you're working in the trees. It's not so nice, when it gets a big ball of grease stuck to it from being inside the boom. Trade offs for everything.

But I also see that box has a radio antenna on it, and the only thing I could figure was radio receiver for your A2B.
There is a reel under the winch with a small cable attached to the first section and it calculates the length of the boom, and unlike my old boom it doesn’t drag through any grease.
The a2b is wireless, it works really nice but I’ve been warned to keep fresh batteries with me in the winter because the cold is hard on them.
No I didn’t get the remote controls for the basket.

Tugger2

I know what you mean with external reel around trees,ive caught mine a few times. I just had to send my a2b2 for repairs, years of driving around with the weight hanging on the sender caught up with me. I snap a bungy on it now, do you guys do anything to protect the sender? 400+ $ in repairs taught me to pay attention to that detail.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I know what you mean with external reel around trees,ive caught mine a few times. I just had to send my a2b2 for repairs, years of driving around with the weight hanging on the sender caught up with me. I snap a bungy on it now, do you guys do anything to protect the sender? 400+ $ in repairs taught me to pay attention to that detail.
My ball goes high enough to take the weight of the a2b weight.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
361F15FD-7628-4BCE-8DDB-508608AA3018.jpeg 9A881E9A-D363-444B-A797-D46C2D625E69.jpeg E2AA068D-E52E-4A54-8733-916BC55569F0.jpeg I had a nice job today, we had to deconstruct the second story of this house it had spray foam insulation so they cut it into manageable pieces and I craned them down, then lifted the preassembled wall sections into place and finally set the roof section. It was for a really good custom home builder, we where all day but he was very happy, the job was done, no one was hurt, and no damage was done to the remaining house from a piece falling badly.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
5E9D4D51-AF3A-4B69-B0CA-F719DCCC8CD5.jpeg OH CANADA !
Same great flag, different flag pole.
Happy Canada day to all my fellow Canadians
As well, happy 4 Th. Of July to all my good neighbors to the south.