• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Mid 50s, 51 or 2 ford to the Left, in the distance a 55 BelAir, Mack coming up behind LJ or LT? possibly has House shell on its trailer.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I’ve seen a bunch of the old Rogers wobble wheel trailers in pics etc. Can’t say I’ve seen one with rubber that big. Tocci has tons of pics from NY from the AC Mack days up to the late 80’s. They sure love their 100-125 ton beams with big planetary rears. Don’t know that they move iron around like that anymore.

Old Doug

I’ve seen a bunch of the old Rogers wobble wheel trailers in pics etc. Can’t say I’ve seen one with rubber that big. Tocci has tons of pics from NY from the AC Mack days up to the late 80’s. They sure love their 100-125 ton beams with big planetary rears. Don’t know that they move iron around like that anymore.
We built a rail trailer at a place i worked every thing but the neck it was a hyd lay down that was run off a pto that ran at a 45 out the side of the truck..Later on we grafted another neck detach that had its own motor. The trailer didnt have maxes so we pulled the heck and pushed it under what ever didnt run. If we were moveing alot of stuff we hauled a D8 to help out.The rail trailer was every handy there was stuff setting around on railroad ties that we hauled in.

Mother Deuce

I posted a couple of these awhile ago. My buddy who sent these to me... his passion is cooking. If he isn't flying steel into a building in Boston he is making great food and videos!
I invited him to join here awhile back but he is quite busy. So I don't have the backstories for these that he does... here are several others.
E0D6D5FF-83C7-441B-A046-C02B97A25261.jpeg D1C542C0-3301-4A9D-8B69-070513623012.jpeg 13341D48-FF49-4F9B-AEF9-165923D2DAB5.jpeg 9F3C99F3-1C71-44BB-B40F-F91BAEE199DD.jpeg