• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

dieseldog5.9

That truck has been for sale for quite a while, he was talking about cutting it up if it wasnt sold by a certain date, well that date was a year ago. It takes some effort to continue to post on craigslist and take the random emails from whoville.

13speed is an odd transmission for a winch truck I would think.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Oh I am aware!! B Macks, Corn Queens, the old GM Series, Ford and Dodge. Roomier were the LJ LT Dogs, Petes, KWs, Stars and Cars. Got to where when got in the old Ford 750/850 GMs Bs and Corn Queens series would put a welding beanie or take off my ball cap as the Button on top would invariably be driven into my skull.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I dare say the old wagons were built for 5’6-8” men weighing in at less than 170lbs
Spring ride Bostrum seats
Armstrong steering
Really poor ventilation and heat systems
No insulation to speak of
Were some tough times

56 Diamond I drove as company wrecker was similar, then add a trans hand brake lever a Four speed tied to a Brownie jump seat if had one on a box or frame bolted to the floor
Same White style cab tiny cramped loud and off temp