• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

56wrench

around here, it was the complete top assembly that replaced the top cover on an auxiliary transmission that is used to drive a mechanical winch. stronger than a regular side-mounted pto. usually had forward, neutral and reverse. you shift the aux into neutral and use any of the main transmissions speeds to winch. at least that's the way my '62 is set up

dieseldog5.9

Found this old beast hiding behind a buddys shop. May try to aquire the hood and some dash pieces for my 81. This is a 77 and has a lower roof and shorter windshield than the 83, same short doors but T door handle vs the 81 paddle handles. There is an autocar style narrow radiator under the hood with shutter stats and a Big Cam 350.20201224_115137.jpg

petepilot

Found this old beast hiding behind a buddys shop. May try to aquire the hood and some dash pieces for my 81. This is a 77 and has a lower roof and shorter windshield than the 83, same short doors but T door handle vs the 81 paddle handles. There is an autocar style narrow radiator under the hood with shutter stats and a Big Cam 350.View attachment 230960
keep me posted as to how that works out

skyking1

I remembered a trip I took once when we were firewood logging. We were chased out of the woods by the winter snows, and had resorted to buying log loads to keep busy.
An owner operator from my small town had a 1965 351 "needlenose" Peterbilt, and I went along with him to Peoh point above Cle Elum to get a load. We chained up to get up the hill, got loaded out and headed for Selah.
He was a man of few words, but I got from him that it was an 8v92T that had been "turned up". He had twin sticks, 5 and 4.
I know the firewood loads are light and cured out, but that thing was still fast.
We rolled onto the Manastash Ridge hill out of Ellensburg. He dropped one gear, moved into the left lane, and passed a long string of trucks crawling up the hill. i think back on that ride and realize he had put some time and money in building that truck.