• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200-2 computer question

mobileman

200-2

I have a similar problem on a ex200-2 all function are very slow and surging. I'm wondering if there is a way to test the angle sensor since $500 is no chump change. If i unplug the solenoids on top it speeds up but has no load since and kills the engine.

rgl726

I have a similar problem on a ex200-2 all function are very slow and surging. I'm wondering if there is a way to test the angle sensor since $500 is no chump change. If i unplug the solenoids on top it speeds up but has no load since and kills the engine.

do this steps and tell me whats the fault codes

please check this link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14527336/fault codes.pdf

mobileman

Thanks for the info I will try it when I get back to the machine this week. Is there a good place to get more pages from that link?

rgl726

do not unplug the sensors.

you did not find the correct socket.

did you check all the fuses?

this diagnostic socket should be in the rear right console inside the cabin bundle with pilot hoses.

its impossible if you will not get fault codes.

if you unplug any sensor you will have a fault code readings.

by the way you will be reading the fault codes on the pvc status light.

Attachments

• fuses diagram.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 495
  • fuses relationshp.pdf
    79.5 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

mobileman

Ok the codes on the top computer are 4 and 9. The bottom one is flashing about 15 different codes do I need to worry about those?

rgl726

ok now reset the code reading as per instruction on page 2 that i gave you.

yes. take note of the code readings on the bottom one.

tell me the readings.

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Finally made it home and got my first taste of the machine. So far so good, the machine runs really nice and makes no strange noises or anthing. I'm going to dig into it after the weekend and I'll let you guys know what I find and of course ask lots of questions when I get stumped!

spitzair

^^ :laugh ^^

Have a look at your shutdown solenoid if it has one. I'm new to the EX200-2 myself, not sure what to look for. Mine has a Manual throttle that someone installed that shuts the engine down if moved all the way forward.

spitzair

Well I took a look into the computer today, I can't see anything out of the ordinary except one long resistor, R1, looks a bit grey compared to the others. Also, the fuse holder for fuse 3 is all corroded and ugly looking. I'm going to try to clean up the fuse holder tomorrow and see if I can't get the computer to give me some sign of life. Does anybody by chance know the value of the R1 resistor in Ohms? I'm thinking if it's bad I'll put a bypass on it with the correct ohms to see if the computer comes back to life.
What do you all think?
I'll post a picture of my new toy in a little bit.

spitzair

!

Well here she is boys and girls! I drove it off the lowbed and just dug a few buckets to see what the machine is like aside from the computer. It's really nice and tight, no strange noises or surprises! Can't wait to see what it's like once it's working correctly!

Attachments

• HPIM6939 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    HPIM6939 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,223
  • HPIM6940 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    HPIM6940 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,220
  • HPIM6941 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    HPIM6941 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,228

spitzair

Ok, I've got it into the shop last night and tore into it this morning. The R1 resistor in the computer is fried, no voltage going through it, 24V drop across it and shows open circuit when I put the ohm meter across it. Does anybody know what ohms and amperage this resistor should be? It looks like a heavy duty wirewound type resistor. I'm going to desolder it and see if I can't find some numbers on it.
Thanks.