• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200-2 computer question

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
And a few more. Can't wait to find more things for it to do:D

Attachments

• DSC_1119 (Large) (Small).JPG
    DSC_1119 (Large) (Small).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 808
  • DSC_1120 (Large) (Small).JPG
    DSC_1120 (Large) (Small).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 825
  • DSC_1121 (Large) (Small).JPG
    DSC_1121 (Large) (Small).JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 801
  • DSC_1122 (Large) (Small).JPG
    DSC_1122 (Large) (Small).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 827
  • DSC_1123 (Large) (Small).JPG
    DSC_1123 (Large) (Small).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 817

arc1978

Hi, I am having the same problem like spitzair , my computer just fried last week.
I am trying to fix the computer but could anyone help me with the components that needs to be replaced.
If I have to buy a new one, how much and where can I buy this?

I'm talking about;
- R1 resistor what type and how big (can't read anything)
- B1391 transistor (can't find any here, is there a replacement)
- D2101 transistor (can't find any here, is there a replacement)

Here are more information

Hitachi
ex200-3

Numbers on the computer
ex200 03R20
901093638AZ
X4307806

Ps. tomorrow I will post some pictures

arc1978

I bought mine at Wajax for $1700 cdn. I believe rgl726 can get you one for a better price.

rgl726 could you sell me one?

As promised the pictures

hitachiex2003.jpg

By showoff200 at 2012-01-09

transistor2.jpg

weerstandr1doorgefikt.jpg

computerc.jpg

danaocity

I have EX200LC-2 that burnt the resistor on PVC and DP sensor. I replace both of them but it runs only for 40min and the engine stop also the water temp goes to red and it blows a lot of black smoke. Tried to fix the wiring by following the schematic but no luck.
So what else do I have to look at. The machine runs good at the start but once the temp level reach to red around 40mins. The engine dies. How could I know if someone destroke my pump?

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Reviving an old thread here but I’m happy to report that all these years later she’s still going strong and to date there have been no new issues with the machine other than a broken fuel line that took 5 minutes to fix. Took this video a few months back...

Last edited:

gerry davis

Hi guys , Im not sure where to start, i recently purchased a 200-2 1991 with a major problems, ill start with the biggest one, When i start the engine it runs as normal, when i
use any hyd movement it goes very very slow.
Occasionally when i change the modes to e or s it will operate much faster and then stall the engine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated . Please explain where to find things as im new to this type of machine.
Note ( the wiring harness looks to be in good condition with no cuts or joiners or insulating tape ,it has also been changed to manuall trottle)
thanks

gerry davis

Hi ex 200-2 with the very common hydraulic problem.
i have fitted a hydraulic conversion kit to eliminate the elect controls and i have found , the engine runs very well freely and not choking with any movement for the first time.
Most of the hydraulics work ok apart from extending out the dipper arm (which is retracting the ram.) This only moves very slowly when i rev up the engine fully this dipper arm moves very slowly and with little to no power.
Im not sure where to start as this dipper arm was always slow and weak but its so bad now you couldnt load a lorry or do any work really.
Any help or advice would be great , thanks gerry davis

Braden

Hi ex 200-2 with the very common hydraulic problem.
i have fitted a hydraulic conversion kit to eliminate the elect controls and i have found , the engine runs very well freely and not choking with any movement for the first time.
Most of the hydraulics work ok apart from extending out the dipper arm (which is retracting the ram.) This only moves very slowly when i rev up the engine fully this dipper arm moves very slowly and with little to no power.
Im not sure where to start as this dipper arm was always slow and weak but its so bad now you couldnt load a lorry or do any work really.
Any help or advice would be great , thanks gerry davis
Hi Gerry. Does has you hydraulics been running hot since you put the conversation in ?