• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5G XL Park brake came on when using

mike holcomb

Personally I wouldn't like to contemplate the idea of doing one in the field but I guess it's not impossible.

The coupler flange is nylon. It's kinda designed as the fuse but can faill all on its own.
How many hours on the tractor.?
7800hrs

mike holcomb

Update, Cat dealer did the coupler, $13k was the bill. So now 7888hrs machine has come to a stop again! Called CAT they can't make it till Fri. Just went out to look at it, first thing I noticed when trying to move it , it had no speed control, it was down on 1, tried to increase it , it would go up to 2 then drop back to 1. Got it turned around headed to where I wanted to move it to, started going, tried to speed up and it came to stop and gear ⚙️ light came on and parking brake light. Have to check codes. Anyone experience this?

mike holcomb

I shut power off and back on and got dozer to move out of way, it seems to be pulling to the right when trying to travel straight, rev it up to go faster and the gear light comes on then park brake light and comes to stop.

mike holcomb

That should be your first step. Let us know what you find.
Had a 352 code that I couldn't find and a 251 which says left speed sensor. Wonder why speed sensor would all of a sudden cause problems?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I wonder if the Blink Code might be 252 - Service Brake Pedal Position Sensor. If you look at the diagnostics they also tie in with the track speed sensors because the ground wire to the ECM is common for the pedal sensor and the speed sensors.

Attachments

• MID079 CID0468 FMI03.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
  • MID079 CID0468 FMI04.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
  • MID079 CID0154 FMI08.pdf
    208.5 KB · Views: 3

mike holcomb

I wonder if the Blink Code might be 252 - Service Brake Pedal Position Sensor. If you look at the diagnostics they also tie in with the track speed sensors because the ground wire to the ECM is common for the pedal sensor and the speed sensors.
It's definitely a 352. I tried to erase it but only the 252 will erase and it blinks 352 with jumper in, 222 with no jumper. Let me look thru the files u just sent me. Thank you

mike holcomb

Do u have any idea where that left speed sensor is so I can ohm it?

Nige

Do u have any idea where that left speed sensor is so I can ohm it?
See this thread. It talks about the RH sensor and once you’ve found that the LH one ought to be easy enough to figure out.

mike holcomb

Now that u post that, I did replace the brake sensor on left side and it was full of oil, gonna need to have a look at speed sensor now

mike holcomb

So this plug has some oil in it, not a lot. Sprayed it out, dozer works fine now. Question is , if I replace that sensor does it need to be calibrated so it tracks straight? Or I should be fine to change it? Thought I read it needs calibrated?

Nige

So this plug has some oil in it, not a lot. Sprayed it out, dozer works fine now. Question is , if I replace that sensor does it need to be calibrated so it tracks straight? Or I should be fine to change it? Thought I read it needs calibrated?
Oil in the connector indicates the sensor has failed. You can clean the oil out of the connector now but it will come back again quite quickly.
No calibration AFAIK. It should be plug & play.

The existing one is likely a 183-4584, or maybe a 319-6491. Look for a white tag or a number stamped on the sensor. Either way the latest P/N of sensor is 360-0453.

The 360-0453 sensor may require additional parts to install on your tractor in order to connect to the machine wiring harness. See the SEPD1217 attachment. If you are going to replace one sensor I would suggest to do both at the same time.

Attachments

• SEPD1217.pdf
    236.8 KB · Views: 4

mike holcomb

Perfect, thank you very much. I'll give sensor a try. I ran it last 45min it was fine, it started to pull right again. Unplugged it and plugged back in and it was fine again. So that seems to be problem.

mike holcomb

Good thing u mentioned the other parts for new style sensor. They had no idea u needed those with new sensor. Basically pins to crimp on and plug they fit into
Oil in the connector indicates the sensor has failed. You can clean the oil out of the connector now but it will come back again quite quickly.
No calibration AFAIK. It should be plug & play.

The existing one is likely a 183-4584, or maybe a 319-6491. Look for a white tag or a number stamped on the sensor. Either way the latest P/N of sensor is 360-0453.

The 360-0453 sensor may require additional parts to install on your tractor in order to connect to the machine wiring harness. See the SEPD1217 attachment. If you are going to replace one sensor I would suggest to do both at the same time.