• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5G XL Park brake came on when using

mike holcomb

Park brake came on when using, checked fuses, all good. No red light on by fuse box. Tried new brake switch and nothing. When switching from FED to REV the back up alarm comes on, running or just Key on. It will not start with switch in the parking brake off position. When turning key on, lights on dash are low oil light, park brake light, and the Elc squiggle symbol is on, Middle lower light out of the 6 on dash. It goes away once running. Serial #00D5GHWGB01130 Thanks for any help

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
First up, kudos for posting a Serial Number. It makes finding information so much easier.

So what you have when you turn the key on is warning lights #3, 6, & 7 - Then #3 & #7 should go out once the engine is running, right.? #7 is critical. It should go out even when the engine is idling, you should not have to rev it up to make that light go out.

1686067677329.png

From experience of others on HEF these tractors are very sensitive to the alternator output not being up to snuff. Do you have a meter that you can test the alternator output voltage at Low Idle and high Idle RPM.?

Last edited:

mike holcomb

Yes, good call, I ment to check belt and voltage but it went past me once switch didn't change anything. I'll check right now. Thank You

mike holcomb

Check pos post at alt and its 14.44v when idling. I just happen to add load tester to 1 battery before starting and only showed 12v , im gonna check other battery separate to make sure I don't have 1 bad battery

mike holcomb

Both batteries check out ok, little low when I put under load 100amp, they show 11 & 11.5 recover to 12 & 12.3

mike holcomb

I just touched ground off starter to chassis and it fell off. Someone was here before by the looks. Duct Tape ‍♂️ Let me fix this and I'll respond in a few. Thanks for help

mike holcomb

So I fixed ground cable. Parking brake light still on. Any thoughts on what's next? I read on another post about a solenoid to check on trans? Any idea what one on my model? Thanks

Nige

Those voltages don't sound that bad, especially the alternator output.

Time to go looking for Diagnostic Codes I think. Locate the Harness Code Plug connector (CONN 22) in the LH Console right next to the Service Tool (ET) connector. You will need a short (6"-long) piece of automotive wire to jumper various pins in the connector. See the attachment.

1686070028318.png

Attachments

• RENR7313-03 - Diagnostic Indicator.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 9

Nige

That's the one - top left. You might have to remove the zip tie to get the connector apart.
Remove the RH half of the connector (the one with the short black jumper cables) then turn on the key. The powertrain electronic control automatically goes into diagnostic mode.
If you read through the attachment tonight and have any questions feel free to ask.

The diagnostic indicator #1 is right next to the ET connector.

1686081347683.png

mike holcomb

Thank you for the help today
That's the one - top left. You might have to remove the zip tie to get the connector apart.
Remove the RH half of the connector (the one with the short black jumper cables) then turn on the key. The powertrain electronic control automatically goes into diagnostic mode.
If you read through the attachment tonight and have any questions feel free to ask.

View attachment 287693

mike holcomb

View attachment 287693
So today I jumped the pins with wire ,pin 1 and 2 on left of plug, im only getting a 244 code. According to sheet it says rocker switch. Switch is new and it won't start when brake is off so what now? Maybe a wire in plug broken?

Nige

So today I jumped the pins with wire ,pin 1 and 2 on left of plug, im only getting a 244 code.
That's the first Code on the list. It may even have been created when you replaced the switch.
Try jumpering between Pins 2 & 3 and see if it will erase.
Even if it won't, go back and jumper between Pins 1 & 2 again. That should scroll you to the next Code.

mike holcomb

Ok I messed up, brake switch was off. Now brake switch on, I get a 262 code, says Switch Deceleration?