• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CODES: D5k2 serial # DW207911

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Kudos for posting a Serial Number (although I think you mean KW2 prefix rather than DW2) and all the relevant details of the Diagnostic Code.

See below for an illustration of the sensor location on the back side of the RH drive motor. You will need to remove one or more panels from the back side of the machine and reach in from there to access it. First I suggest to unplug the sensor from the machine harness and check for any oil in the electrical connector. Oil indicates that the sensor has failed and should be replaced.

1692438928662.png

ZayneJernigan

Thank You so much for your speedy reply. Now I know what to look for. I live an Hour from the highway and 3.5 hrs. from nearest Cat Company. So, If possible, I try to figure out how to "Do It Yourself" ......And, Yes, You are correct: KW207911......Smiles.

john27

Hello sir I have this same issue.have done all the wiring process and still no changes what should I do

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Hello sir I have this same issue.have done all the wiring process and still no changes what should I do
Welcome John.

Can you start with a few basics such as your machine Serial Number please.
Do you have any Active Diagnostic Codes showing on the Monitor panel.?
If you do have Active Codes, what are they.?

Also tell us a little about the problem surfaced. Did it slowly get worse over a long period of time or did it literally appear suddenly, either while the machine was working, or when you stopped it one night and the problem appeared on startup the next day.?