• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450 3056051

Nelsonkl

Acts more like an restriction , I’ve put new filter in and cleaned the suction filter going to look at the short house under the dozer it act like it’s trying to suck the hyd oil but somethings is restricting it , it will move then quit pulling then it will get some more oil then move more

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Acts more like an restriction , I’ve put new filter in and cleaned the suction filter going to look at the short house under the dozer it act like it’s trying to suck the hyd oil but somethings is restricting it , it will move then quit pulling then it will get some more oil then move more
Good luck; you may be on to something there you could have a hose coming apart on the inside and causing a restriction. I'd change out the suction hose just to be on the safe side and eliminate the possibility. You might think about removing the suction tube that goes into the transmission housing and see if there is something blocking it.

Nelsonkl

Good luck; you may be on to something there you could have a hose coming apart on the inside and causing a restriction. I'd change out the suction hose just to be on the safe side and eliminate the possibility. You might think about removing the suction tube that goes into the transmission housing and see if there is something blocking it.
Will do as soon as I get done fixing food plots with my son lol

mcprp

Well , I put my new pump on and got immediate pressure . Dozer was working great for about an hour . Then I noticed the oil pressure getting low so I turned it off and checked the oil . Oil was full and fine . I also lost torque pressure so I felt the new pump I put on and it was hot . I pulled the filters and still found mud from getting stuck in the filters . This is after I drained the whole system and blew out the lines with air . Now I got to drain the whole system again and put new and cleaned filters in again and this time I’m putting the expensive tch fluid in . I did see that the new pump is pushing fluid . This is unbelievable . Some how I got to flush this system and make sure that all the mud is out of it . I think the mud got in to the torque converter when I got stuck . Some how it got into the system .

mcprp

This last time I bought Tran fluid , I bought this travels heavy duty hy Tran fluid because it was on sale at tractor supply . It said on the back of the bucket that it was compatible with case tch fluid but I honestly think that’s a lie . It didn’t look bad going in but when I drained a small amount from the filters , it felt very thin to me . I don’t think it is made to withstand the heat and friction . Now I’m still wondering why my oil pressure stated getting low . The dozer felt very hot . It was a pretty warm day yesterday , about 80 but the dozer just seemed over worked . I should be running just Straight 30 weight oil, right ? I’ve never had this problem before . Now I got to wonder about the engine on top of all this transmission stuff going on . I’ve almost had enough . Everything was perfect before I got stuck . Boy , did this ever cause problems .

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Getting stuck can cause all sorts of problems.

By the way you may need to check final drive oil. Water could have gotten in there also.

mcprp

Getting stuck can cause all sorts of problems.

By the way you may need to check final drive oil. Water could have gotten in there also.
Ok coy , good point . Can you tell me a real good way to flush my dozers entire transmission system ? I thought I did everything I could do by draining the entire system and and also draining the torque converter by removing the pressure and relief valves and blowing all the lines down but after finding more evidence of mud in the filters I must say this really surprised me . Also my engine runs like a top , can you possibly guess at what could be causing low oil pressure ? I put in 30 weight rotella oil the last time I changed it and that wasn’t that long ago . Could the stress of the pump or restriction of good transmission oil cause this to happen ? I hate being so ignorant . I wish I knew more about diesels .

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The best way to flush your transmission is to run oil through it, I would use a cheap oil until you think it is all clear. Your trans cooler (which is in the bottom of the radiator) probably had some dirty oil in it.
The engine oil pressure could be several things, bad oil filter, worn cam bushings, weak or damaged oil pump or oil sump may be stopped up.

mcprp

I’ve flushed it twice so far at a cost of about 250.00 . Still got mud showing up in the suction filter . I keep wondering if it’s sitting in the bottom of the tranny and because it thick it’s not coming out of the drain plug or I’m wondering if it’s caught up in the torque converter although I have drained that twice from the hose that comes right off the bottom of it . How do I check the engine oil sump . The oil looks clean on the dip stick but I am going to change the filter . What a nightmare . I know your going to think this is crazy but I was thinking about taking the control valve off with the tranny drained and the plug off and blasting the pressure washer in there and then letting it drain and dry for about a week and then flushing it with oil again . What do you think ? Lol

mcprp

I got to to get that sh.. out of there some how . The new charge pump I got worked perfect for about an hour and then shut down . When I pour oil into it , it seems to be pumping but it won’t draw the oil up through the suction line . I have checked every line and there is no crack or opening anywhere . Maybe I burned up the new pump . I don’t know why it’s not pulling the oil up . Tried priming it about 6 times . No luck !

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
That really sucks. The only other thing you could do is take all the lines off the converter and cooler and flush them all out.

mcprp

Are you cleaning /changing both filters ?
There is a lot to read here so I may have missed the fact you did.
View attachment 219767
Here is a simplified diagram of the oil routing.
View attachment 219768
Yes sir , both filters . The suction line filter I bring home and clean with solvent and air . The pressure side filter I buy a new one every flush . I have blown every line down with air including the radiator cooling lines . I just think that the mud is caught up either in the bottom of the tranny or the torque converter . When I check the filters , it’s not clumps of mud but you can see the muddy substance in the filters holding canisters .

Tinkerer

Excellent on the filters, mcprp !
The mud description threw me off a bit tho.
Could what you are referring to be a sludge being made from friction material ?
Like maybe brake linings or clutch pack disintegration ?

mcprp

Excellent on the filters, mcprp !
The mud description threw me off a bit tho.
Could what you are referring to be a sludge being made from friction material ?
Like maybe brake linings or clutch pack disintegration ?
No sir ! Distinctively liquid mud , I should have taken a picture . Not a huge amount but enough to make ya sick . It still caught up in there probably sticking to some gears or inside the torque converter .

mcprp

I my self don’t think oil will flush something like mud out very well because it doesn’t liquefy it enough . That why I was wondering if there was something else to just flush it real quick . Like maybe diesel . Like just run it for two minutes and drain it . I don’t know .

Tinkerer

Real mud really sucks. I was hoping for you that it wasn't mud like from clay.
I wonder if the machine was vandalized sometime in the past.
100 % diesel fuel will be hell on the pump, Mike. Cheap 10W oil will do.
Like Coy suggested, remove lines and flush everything out.

mcprp

Real mud really sucks. I was hoping for you that it wasn't mud like from clay.
I wonder if the machine was vandalized sometime in the past.
100 % diesel fuel will be hell on the pump, Mike. Cheap 10W oil will do.
Like Coy suggested, remove lines and flush everything out.
Thanks tinkerer , No , it wasn’t from vandalism, I got stuck in mud up to the frame . And it got into the system some how .