• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450 3056051

Case450bTC

I will measure my dipstick tomorrow for you, was the final problem with yours the valves on the torque converter housing, i have exactly the same problem after exactly the same issue, bogged to the frame.
I have put a second hand tranny in, new charge pump, new filters, oil changed 4 times. Can drive for 1/2 hour until it gets hot then looses drive

Tinkerer

Welcome to HEF, Case450TC !
Have you checked the oil cooler bypass like Coy has advised ?
Is the oil cooler clean ?
Not just the outside but also the inside of the tubes.
If they are partially plugged for some reason you will have an overheating issue.
Does the radiator fan blow out towards the front, or pull air towards the engine ?

Last edited:

Case450bTC

I have taken the line off the oil cooler and run engine while it was cold and the oil was going through the cooler no problems, fan blows out. Haven’t checked the flow while it is hot.

Tinkerer

A fan belt with a hard glaze on it can be hard to detect. The stupid things can slip at high RPM's and not squeal or make any noise.
Partially plugged tubes in that cooler could be another thing to check if you haven't already done it.
I assume you changed both of the filters. Yes?