• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your first piece of equipment owned or operated was?

TozziWelding

Occupation
Welder/Equipment Repair
First thing I ever ran was an old Deere 410 backhoe my Grandfather borrowed from his uncle, I was probably 4-5. The cousins had/have an excavation co so I grew up around machines.

Sawdus22

My first piece of equipment was a toro dingo. :) Five minutes after i tried that i got on a bobcat skid steer and went to town.

Giblet

Case Skidsteer (a friends), then Cat 941 Crawler -Just bought it a couple weeks ago to build a road into my camp...now Ive got to learn how to use it well!

TrentNz

first operated Mitsubishi MS04M (or something similar) was about 4 or 5. then a uho54 Hitachi, Kobelco sk60 and sk100
first payed job was a Komatsu pc120, then a cat 350b and then a Hyundai 210lc-7

caterpillarRy

1949 cat d7 3t just parked it when i was 10 but sadly i still havent fully bean taught how to run a dozer fully but im good with a mini exivator after 1/2 or so hours running one

maxwell9

kramer 312 loader

First piece of equipment I used was a 1988 Kramer-Allrad 312SL Shovel Loader. What a piece! We still have it and it runs okay but it has seen better days. It was resurrected from the weeds behind the shop about three years ago and we have been using it to load salt in the pickup trucks.

It leaks oil, hydraulic fluid, sometimes diesel, and has no heat. The parking brake does not work, turn signals inop, reverse alarm inop, and if we leave it running with the lights and electric fan running, it will kill the battery.

ineed parts for a 312 Kramer is yours foresale ifso give me a call 616 723 4409 bill

wellington53

Occupation
Dairy farmer
Jcb 6c

Hello, new the forum, this was my first excavator back in the late 70's, bought it used to do stuff on our farm in Lincolnshire England.

Attachments

• My JCB 6C 001.jpg
    My JCB 6C 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 497

cat3208

It was a Cat 225 or 235. It was a very early model. It had over 20,000 hrs.:eek: It was beat to death!:eek: Everything was loose; boom,bucket,tracks,levers, and the seat was all metal!:jawdrop It smoked so bad- you couldn't breath!:eek: The swing motors were shot,, too. A little while later I was loading trucks out! It wasn't easy, but prevailing wage was great!!:D

DeanM

First machine I ever drove was a Leland farm tractor.
First construction machine operated would have been a Case 580B
First machine owned 600 Bobcat with a gas engine and clutch drive.