• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your first piece of equipment owned or operated was?

barklee

Hi ranger 48' bucket truck, 1964 model on an International 1700. I was age 5 or 6...... still the fastest bucket truck on earth!

froggy

Occupation
100% Lowbeder
after high school got a good job pushing ltl-freight, but was to hot-head'd @screw'd it up, then somhow i got with the Iron-workers@screw'd it up, by now I-am 21 year's old. then i got a class-1 driver lisence at least that's what it was back then,) join'd teamster's, but then got a court order to apear,-judge told me i was a menace. Had to many speeding tickets with my ninja motor-cycle's, suspend'd for 6-month's, then a freind offer'd me job in towing, and that's ware i drove the mother of all truck's---------! 1989-pete-379-long-hood-bigdaddy on a Vulcan/9-40/w/50,000lbs-winch.

johnhenryrolf

Occupation
equipment operator (Coffey County, KS)
First equipment driven was a Cat 613C11...still run frequently, I now own a Fiat-Allis 262B, haven't had the oppurtinity to run it very much, but I like it, and we'll have to see where I land with it!

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
I was about 8 or 9 when I first ran a backhoe, older 416 cat. Im 23 now and havent bought a machine of my own yet.....

If you are counting farm tractors it would have been an Oliver 88 I was so young Dad had had to put it in gear for me so he could pick up the hay bales in the field.

Greg in KY

Farm tractor - 35 massey ferguson- My Dad bought new in 1964- the farm auctioned in 1982 due to going broke on feeder steers. I bought the tractor back from the man who bought it at the auction a couple of years ago.

Like Greenleaffarms- I remember Dad putting it in gear for me while we picked up hay and loaded tobacco.

Ditchdigger

My First was a Bucyrus Erie 30B with a hoe front that my father owned. Later I bought a Hein Warner C-14 that I had to overhaul the 2 cycle Detroit Diesel. Both were worn out when I got them and I used them for several years. They sat parked in my yard for 20+ years and about 3 years ago I scraped them. I hated to see them go and I hated to see them stay.

jon20

Hi all I've been lurking around here for awhile but finally decided to join. The first piece of machinery i ran was Massey Ferguson 265 tractor on my dad's farm. I was 6 or 7 at the time and had to stand up to drive it. Dad had to put it in gear and push the clutch for me. I would drive it with the baler and wagon in tow and dad would put it in gear and get it going then he would stack the bales on the wagon while i steered it around the field. I was hooked, and ever since then i was always looking for a new machine to play with. The first excavator i ever ran for any length of time was a Deere 270C LC, digging a pond and moving mulch piles. That was too much fun. The bucket on that machine had a few cracks in it and i tore it apart when i got into the hard stuff but they got a new one :) Now I'm 20 and trying to figure out if i should go get an engineering degree or spend my life on heavy equipment lol

JMJ_D31

Occupation
Instrument Designer
Bought and run my first six months ago, it's a 1985 Komatsu D31. Since then I have bought a track hoe, track dump, and stump grinder. This stuff is addiction and my wife is ready to kill me.:D

deltl1ks

I took delivery of my first tractor today. It's a 1973 580B Case tractor. I read some stuff on here about the 580B but for better or worse this is my new toy.
I paid $4800.00 for it and the guy even delivered it to me free. He stated he had already rebuilt the transmission. I use the tractor today moving dirt and stuff. It did very well. It's a 73 so it will need some hoses replaced and some work from time to time but I think it was a good investment. We having loads and loads of dirt delivered to the house to areas of our property this tractor will help me move those piles of dirt and do some digging from time to time. This is my first post. I'll be on here learning about the B and how to service it. Any help advice and suggestions appreaciated.

Thanks,

guswa

Occupation
mining
clark 743 bobcat, 10 years later i upgraded to a wa380-1 hehe:D

Attachments

• 2011-12-30_08-54-35_730-400.jpg
    2011-12-30_08-54-35_730-400.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 383