• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where is Nige????

Dickjr.

Seems like last year he took a vacation or went somewhere for about a month. I'm not sure when his last post was. I know this , when the newer generation takes over , its gonna be rough. I already have to do a bag check at our CAT dealer the same as you would for McDonalds , which I don't patronize much anyways.

Dickjr.

A bag check is making sure everything you ordered is in the bag. 2 trips ago to CAT dealer , I called in a order for a high pressure line. It has been revised 4 times. They had all 4 revisions in the bag of parts. Should have been 2 ends and a hose , was 8 ends and 4 hoses. Plus a valve cover gasket for a 3408. I don't know where to put that on a 943 track loader. Same as going thru McD's , or it is here , you order you better check what's in the bag or you will get shorted. Anyway hopefully Nige will roll back around.

Graham1

A bag check is making sure everything you ordered is in the bag. 2 trips ago to CAT dealer , I called in a order for a high pressure line. It has been revised 4 times. They had all 4 revisions in the bag of parts. Should have been 2 ends and a hose , was 8 ends and 4 hoses. Plus a valve cover gasket for a 3408. I don't know where to put that on a 943 track loader. Same as going thru McD's , or it is here , you order you better check what's in the bag or you will get shorted. Anyway hopefully Nige will roll back around.
Okay, I see.
McDonalds have just opened near our yard and seem pretty organised. Although buying myself and the lads a round of Mcflurries probably doesn't tax them too much.
Graham

lantraxco

I worked at a CAT dealer in a former life... things would happen like the warehouse drones would open a cylinder seal kit and take one seal out to ship (said quantity one, didn't want to send the whole bag). Same deal with pan gaskets, some engines they're a jigsaw puzzle, you pull all the pieces apart and lock all the ends together, along with I suppose judicious quantities of yellow peril (gorilla snot), anyway, each piece has the part number laser printed on, so they would detach usually one corner and ship that as a pan gasket. Oh and never forget that CAT hydraulic hose is measured by the inch until oh yeah wait, the really high pressure stuff is by the centimeter so when the hoser built your assembly by part number it came out just a hair off.... One warm evening I was last man out, had the door to the warehouse open relaxing until I could lock the front door, heard one kid that had been with us all of two weeks training one of the summer help college kids how to pull parts and ship orders.... gawd help us....

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I have dealt with those drones, unable to cope with understanding the machines they sold parts for IE College kids on summer internships etc. Have also dealt with mecanix that could not assemble the puzzle piece pan/cover gaskets, could not tell which side up?!?! piece to piece! And Gorilla snot is NASTY!, I always tried to use Hi-Tack or similar, used copper coat on high heat and Permatex gasket sealants (brown chit) as I had to as on radiator tanks to cores.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
for basic gasket stickums, I've had good experiences with the super 77, its the yellow snot in a spray can, 3M trim adhesive, that way you can have a perfect sticky spot on your desk, keeps papers from flying off.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
That is good news. I am glad he will be back at some point. Did he say what part of the world he is in? It sounds like paradise except for probable slow parts delivery when even the internet is limited.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I had a computer failure a couple months ago so I lost the information on him but last I knew he was working setting up a new gold mine I believe somewhere in Central America. Belize, Costa Rica , or maybe Panama?

He had sent me the co-ordinates of the place and I believe it was something like 20 or 30 miles down a dirt road from the nearest town out in the jungle.

Reactions: DB2