• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where is Nige????

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Well G'day gents. It appears as though I was missed, at least for a while.
KSH had the right continent, wrong country. I am currently working on a new gold nmine project in Suriname. As he said, we're about 40 miles down a dirt road from the nearest highway, and a 4-hour drive from the nearest major town.
CM1995 emailed me a while back to see if I was OK. Thanks for that.
We work FIFO a month on, a month off. At work it's 13hrs/day, 7 days a week for a month, so not much time to spend on the internet. Basically eat, sleep, & work. Busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger........... The upside is that you only work 6 months/year.
What happened was that I came home on break for a month with every intention of getting back on here but then promptly went down with a bad dose of the flu'. I spent over a week in bed then the rest of the time getting over the symptoms. By the time I was right it was time to get on a plane again. SWMBO was not impressed.
The next break I was heavily into a house restoration project that I've been on for years and wanted to get moving because it had kinda stalled.
I arrived back home on break just a couple of days ago and had double hernia surgery yesterday, and although I was discharged from hospital the same day I'm now confined to barracks by the quack for 2-3 days and after that banned from driving for 10 days or so. So that should give me a bit more time to get back on here.

I guess I now have to read a load of posts and do some catching up .........

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Nice to hear you are back, even if just shortly. Sorry to hear of the woes though, must be good work in Suriname,

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Glad your back. Sounds like you've had a heck of a time last several months. Good luck with your projects and take care.

trucker1

Hey Nige, I just went thru hernia surgery 2 weeks ago. I laid on the sofa for 2 days, only way I could get comfortable, but couldn't take it anymore. I got up to walk around, which they recommend, and of course wound up in the shop, started cleaning up tools and moving parts around and felt a lot better. First couple of days was the worst, but after day 3 things were a lot better. At least my doctor only said I could not drive for 2 days, but the I only had a single hernia. Hope it all turns out well for you

George

bteigrob

Nige, glad to hear you are ok man. Too bad you didn't find yourself in Belize, the first round of drinks would have been on me.

Get well soon

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hey Nige, good to see you back.

Sorry you've had. a rough time medically, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thanks for the good wishes guys. TBH the after effects not much more than 24 hours after coming out of surgery are not as bad as I was expecting. I can get comfortable lying down, and standing up/moving around doesn't cause too much in the way of discomfort either. It's getting from horizontal to vertical that's causing the issues at the moment...... I can get up and down the stiars, take myself to the bathroom, etc, etc. TBH I'm taking the surgeon's orders as a guideline, and I'm not taking any pain killers so that I know my body will tell me when it's had enough. If I feel confident enough to get in & out of the car & drive it within a week then I will. However on the other hand I'm not going to force myself to do something i'm not comfortable with.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Glad to see you're back. Getting cut on is never any fun! A hot female doctor checking you for a hernia on the other hand....... :cool:

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Good to hear you are back Nige. Glad to hear you are taking it easy. A few days taking it easy beats weeks of misery if something tears or moves. I know you will listen to your body so no worries.

hvy 1ton

Nice to hear you are back, even if just shortly. Sorry to hear of the woes though, must be good work in Suriname,
I only know where it is because I read a military fiction book 10 years ago where Venezuela invaded as a response to their economy was collapsing. It's been a while, but i think the motivation was the country's gold production.