• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's your hoe doing?

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Did that.
My bucket uses 5 teeth. Outboard two are angled outward. No way to remove them if I welded to all 5 teeth. So I welded using the new Millermatic 255 in spray mode, to three worn teeth. Random piece of town snowplow edge, I thought it'd be brittle. I preheated to 600 degree F. Thursday I filled a 200' gas line ditch 1200 cubic feet of very rocky material. I'm very pleased with the performance even with a crude makeshift device.
I can remove it & put other teeth on, but I'd really like a real clean up bucket. I've rebuilt a number of buckets, I believe I can build one from scratch. Making the rolled back of the bucket exceeds my capacity.

casey518

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
T-town,
Looking great...Love the bucket boom!!
Are you working thru this rain?

Casy518,
Like the fancy winch too!

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Hey Swetz...
.... the wetness puts a damper on progress...trying to get the gables framed and roof sheathing on.
Got a 4 day run till next wetness so we'll see if we can 'get er done'
The 'boom' works OK.... I needed to be able to take it off without much effort so we can use the forks to lift sheathing up to roof height.
Hope your able to make progress thru the wets....

...and I concur about Casey518's winch

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Hope your able to make progress thru the wets....

Funny you mention the wets...Last weekend I had a good Friday, Sat, Sunday of dirt moving planned. Well, as luck would have it, 2 hours into the Friday, a hose blew. I was driving the tractor with a full bucket of dirt and boom, wasnt even operating the hydraulics! Well, it turned out to be one of the feeds right off the pump. I was able to get it off rather quickly, albeit laying in a puddle of oil. I was lucky enough to have the 2 fittings that I needed, and quickly made up a hose. Then for the install :eek:. I fought with getting the fittings started for an additional 6 hours. One had to be put on with a wrench all the way, ad a 64th of a turn at a time.

The good news is that oil washes off...at least after several scrubbings...LOL and the tractor was up and running again. Saturday was a marathon of dirt moving:D. Sunday tapered down as it was back to NJ :(.

Not sure how it looks now, but I will not be there this weekend. Hopefully next weekend I will be able to get back at it....winter will be here in a flash!

I really want the dirt all done prior to the winter freeze
iu

T-town

Occupation
retired !
6 hours of tryin to wrench a single hose...?? they should make the 'corp design team' come out and do the job!!...... sometimes its tough tryin to do what you have to get done... I feel for ya

It was a showery rain mon and yesterday but the band of wet was narrow.... north and south axis.
Not sure how much came down your way.... but it looks like the band set up over you?? Liquid amount was not much though...
Wind blowin in dry air today.... and will be dry thru sun..... bit 'o rain monday..?? long range looks dry and above norm temps into next weekend..... so no snow on the horizon .... but you can't take long range to the bank ;)

Here's hopin you move a bunch of dirt....

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Yea, would have been easy with the floor out, but that would have been a big chore too!

I finally cut a split in the floor mat in front of the shifter. Made it easier to get in and out and it lays back in place just fine

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I finally cut a split in the floor mat in front of the shifter. Made it easier to get in and out and it lays back in place just fine

So, what exactly do you have to take out in order to get the floor out...rubber mat, seat, AC unit? How many pieces of steel are there in the floor?

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
So, what exactly do you have to take out in order to get the floor out...rubber mat, seat, AC unit? How many pieces of steel are there in the floor?

Actually I have only removed the access panel to the solenoids which may not help with the pump hoses.
IMG_2362.JPG

Getting any deeper would involve pulling the seat, AC, and heat unit. Disconnecting the hoses from the expansion valve is near about as much trouble as you went through with the hydraulic hose. It is right over the rear differential housing and TIGHT! Not to mention pulling the hoses off the heater control valve.
IMG_1192.JPG

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Wow, thanks for the pics! one word...nightmare!

After the shop is complete, I may pull the floor and replace all of the hoses on the underside. Until then my fingers are crossed that no more blow out....they are getting old! Also had to replace a loader hose last weekend on the TC33D CUT. It is the same vintage as the 675E, so it makes sense that they are failing too.

casey518

Swetz,
"I fought with getting the fittings started for an additional 6 hours. One had to be put on with a wrench all the way, ad a 64th of a turn at a time."
Haha, we've all been there. Flopping the wrench every minute turn to alternate the head angle. Fun stuff

Last edited:

aighead

I had that minimal wrench movement last weekend replacing power steering hoses on the tractor, took about 2 hours to get the hoses off, and a bit less to get them back on. What a drag! 6 hours is rough.

aighead

I've mentioned my old timer neighbor down the way and his wreck/trashpit of a yard that I've helped out with on occasion. Yesterday, I got home and was having a beer in the garage when I hear some creeping down the gravel driveway. Yup, it's N, who dropped off a load of cinder blocks a week or two ago, which was quite nice. This time he asked for some help cleaning up around his trash/burn pile. I guess someone pays him to take away old food, be it fruits and vegetables, I saw some breadsticks last night, kind of anything, and he had about 3 trailer loads. I asked if someone was paying him to take this stuff and he said yeah, and I said it ain't enough. Regardless, I went back and attempted to help clean up the mess around his burning hole for a few hours. I think my hoe now smells like rotting produce and garbage.

I don't mind helping this guy occasionally. However, he's like 85, thinks he's 45, and he can't do much for himself. He's got a hard time getting around at all but keeps taking these jobs which are much too much work for him. He's got a couple other guys around that will help with some of it but it's never with any semblance of pride in their work and his property, unfortunately, kind of lends itself to that lack of pride. It's hard to keep things tidy when there's junk all over.

I told him I don't know how much more help like this I've got. I also told him he's got to stop with the produce trashing. He agreed. He knows he's getting old and he's actually cleaned up his property quite a bit, but it's not stopping him from still acquiring more stuff and taking on more work he can't keep up with. His adult kids are around to some extent but it doesn't seem like they want much to do with the property either. You can see his mess, from space (though this picture seems like winter time, normally grass and weeds are way up over all the stuff).

upload_2022-11-1_6-58-10.png

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
aighead,
Sounds like your neighbor is one disgruntled neighbor away from having the EPA all over him.

Not sure I would want to live close to a private landfill, much less help out and encourage it.