• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's your hoe doing?

aighead

Not only real wood but real beefy! What are those posts 8x8 or bigger? Whoa!

Also, neat to seeing the rocket! I always hope to see something like that but I never have. Keep an eye out for Elon's string of internet satellites too!

T-town

Occupation
retired !
6x6's with 3 2x12's for a "beam".... 2x10 joists spanning 10 ft..... on that 'wing'.
The main living area is 26'wide so 14's there. ....all on 16"centers.... as will be the roof trusses.

Well guys came today and ran the pipe into the house from the pitless adapter.(?) along with #10 wire. So I am able to complete the backfill in all but the garage drain out the back of the structure.

Yeah...rockets white glare.... would have been nice to have some heads up on that.... didn't hear a thing. Maybe one of 'those' payloads???
Anyway.... we are in NE PA.... did see one take off from Wallops Island one year... Up here in Pa...
.......looked like a bright star rising up then turning and changing trajectory...
The local weather folks are always right on top of flyovers by the space station.....but nothing on this.
I remember driving one night and this yellow light thing kinda hovering... moving slow...looked like we were coming right up on it...... trying to drive and look at the same time....

.......one of those candle powered hot air balloons.....first time I ever saw one... had me goin for a moment though...

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Gotta love using natures building blocks.....!! and I'm sure you've got plenty to use from those 'hills'.

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Finally decided to take our old Dogwood tree down. It was a magnificent tree in it's day but after having the woods behind it clear cut it got sicker every year. I guess I need a more sun tolerant tree to plant in it's place.
spring.jpg
fall.jpg
Stump comes up easy with the tree attached.

aighead

Well, I'm getting pretty good at moving my neighbors project dozer to line up with his car port. He's struggling with the steering clutches, one is apparently stuck, but he's been messing with it. He'll drive out into the yard trying to unstick the clutch, then he can't line up tot he carport just right so I give it a shove. Last time we spun it completely around, this time I just needed to push the front end over a foot or two.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Took a small dia maple out of my BIL's driveway 2 weeks ago. Cut it into a couple of pieces and hauled it to the burn pile. Looked at it 2 days ago and darned if the leaves didn't still do their fall 'thing' even when cut down....
KIMG0551.JPG

...they were green when I cut it

catch the fall before it leaves ;)

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Waiting out the rain today....
Last few days spent framing walls on the 'deck'...

KIMG0553.JPG

KIMG0554.JPG

A few more to frame tomorrow, and I still need to "clamp up" the forks and stage some trusses.
Have the use of a 'pole tuck' this weekend.... and have a few friends and family coming to supply the muscle to 'raise' some walls and trusses.
The weather is going to cooperate!!

casey518

Waiting out the rain today....
Last few days spent framing walls on the 'deck'...

View attachment 270065

View attachment 270066

A few more to frame tomorrow, and I still need to "clamp up" the forks and stage some trusses.
Have the use of a 'pole tuck' this weekend.... and have a few friends and family coming to supply the muscle to 'raise' some walls and trusses.
Nice Ttown, what style home are you building?

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company

Yessss!
112-1125873_clip-art-cute-thumbs-up-thumbs-up-smiley.png

aighead

I'm hoping @Swetz and @T-town are getting the same dry weather we've got to work on your spots, particularly Swetz, since it sounds like he's always wet. We've been bone dry for weeks and weeks now.