• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL130 Drive Issue

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
824F4805-1630-4947-A2F7-70CF01EE9459.jpeg
I'd like to see that pressure from port "C" before jumping to any conclusions.
On my TL150 machines, I've never had to replace that gear pump. But, then again, I've never had travel issues. Some are @ over 10k hours.
Working on video upload

azvacs

Occupation
You can, but you would have to upload it to YouTube first.
Check out video on YouTube titled “Takeuchi TL130 charge pressure”

skata

OK, somewhat of a correction. Changed gauge and got charge pressure of 240 at idle and 260 at high idle. Then pressure dropped to about 110 when joystick is moved
That seems normal when looking at tl140 specs. I'd Imagine the 130 is same.

heymccall

Alright, so if I'm watching (and reading the fuzzy gauge correctly), charge pressure drops more on certain functions, but looks to be 250psi or so at standby.

heymccall

In all reality, both pumps and motors are suspect (worn excessively).
The next step I'd take is measuring each motor's case drain, at rest and in motion.
They should be the same volume at the same time interval.

Without looking back through all the pages, were the filters changed AND cut open and examined?
With same setup im my Case 1845C machines, I've never had any luck changing a just a drive motor when chasing a lazy drive.

azvacs

Occupation
In all reality, both pumps and motors are suspect (worn excessively).
The next step I'd take is measuring each motor's case drain, at rest and in motion.
They should be the same volume at the same time interval.

Without looking back through all the pages, were the filters changed AND cut open and examined?
With same setup im my Case 1845C machines, I've never had any luck changing a just a drive motor when chasing a lazy drive.
Yes. All filters and fluids have been changed.

azvacs

Occupation
FB0E1D6B-604D-4906-9B36-A7E3AEB3F798.jpeg Negative, but tank strainer looked like it had brass shavings on it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
View attachment 254913 Negative, but tank strainer looked like it had brass shavings on it.
Amazing - 5 pages into the thread and only now are we seeing this photo.?
It would be surprising if the pumps could even suck oil through a strainer in that state. Lord knows what the filter was like.
Something, maybe more than one thing, in that system is fcuked right royally..........IMHO.

azvacs

Occupation
Amazing - 5 pages into the thread and only now are we seeing this photo.?
It would be surprising if the pumps could even suck oil through a strainer in that state. Lord knows what the filter was like.
Something, maybe more than one thing, in that system is fcuked right royally..........IMHO.
I kinda thought that, but i was keeping the faith.The filters did’nt look as bad as that strainer on visual inspection. LOL I’ve had so many threads on this and i included the pic of that strainer about a year ago. Luckily i kept the pic to show it again. If I could just pin point it the problem, i could fix it. I’ll keep trying

heymccall

Because of the shared hydraulic oil, everything in the hydrostat side needs torn down and evaluated. And, the whole system needs cleaned.

skata

Maybe start with the pumps. They are easier to take out than drives. Then open them up and look.

azvacs

Occupation
If the
Because of the shared hydraulic oil, everything in the hydrostat side needs torn down and evaluated. And, the whole system needs cleaned.
If the parking brake was not releasing, would that effect both sides?

azvacs

Occupation
Maybe start with the pumps. They are easier to take out than drives. Then open them up and look.
After further review, it looks like i have the correct pressure coming out of the HST pump. When engaging the left drive, the engine loads and starts to bogg down like its under a heavy load but no left drive motor movement. Could it be a failure of the parking brake to release?

azvacs

Occupation
After further review, it looks like i have the correct pressure coming out of the HST pump.
When engaging the left drive, the engine loads and starts to bogg down like its under a heavy load but no left drive motor movement. Could it be a failure of the parking brake to release?

skata

After further review, it looks like i have the correct pressure coming out of the HST pump.
When engaging the left drive, the engine loads and starts to bogg down like its under a heavy load but no left drive motor movement. Could it be a failure of the parking brake to release?
As far as I'm aware, the brakes automatically release with the hydraulic pressure. Have you inspected the final drives? Changed the oil in them? Just to see that the gears are ok and not locked up?

azvacs

Occupation
As far as I'm aware, the brakes automatically release with the hydraulic pressure. Have you inspected the final drives? Changed the oil in them? Just to see that the gears are ok and not locked up?
That’s my next chore. The right drive is good but It just seems like that left drive is locked up and wont release. I’d like to inspect it without removing it completely if possible.