• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL130 Drive Issue

TVA

If one side moves, but not the other, is that a Pilot filter issue and is there one filter for both sides or is their a Pilot filter for each hydraulic motor track side. On my machine, I can move both tracks forward on immediate start. Right track goes backwards right away. Left track needs long warm up times. Seems like a different issue than clogged filter. More like a sensor?
It may and may not. It all depends on “tiredness” of components. Sauer Danfoss series servo piston does not have springs on both sides, but it uses rod and double spring on one side, so that rod changes effective area of piston between forvard and reverse side. At normal pilot pressure it doesn’t matter because there’s plenty enough to move the piston to wherever! But as components get “tired” and pressure drops the weakest link is showing up!

You can also hook up pressure gouges and run tests to know for sure.

TVA

If you want to test your pilot pressure at the pumps you gonna need 7/16 ORB adapter to whatever hose you connect to a gauge, or JIS BSBB hose ends sviwel run tees, at the charge pump as far as I remember is 5/16 ORB. Actually that machine has port test at almost every elbow!

jimpad

Does this happens in summer time too?
Much less frequently
Wait a minute! Is your drive works only in high speed?! That might be parking break and high speed hoses crossed!
Keep in mind: when you will be looking at tha hoses on the motors - your motors are flipped!
No, it just seems to get the left side moving if i switch to high and move the stick back and forth quicker than if i leave in low.

TVA

Much less frequently

No, it just seems to get the left side moving if i switch to high and move the stick back and forth quicker than if i leave in low.
Do the maintenance and check your fluid compatibility for the weather! Don’t forget about strainer in the joystick inlet fitting. In high speed your fluid just heats up quicker.

jimpad

BTW, It's done it for as long as i've owned it ... 300 hours (2600 total). New fluid and filters does not seem to have any effect.

TVA

Then you need to dig deeper and run tests and find out what is going on!

jimpad

Yea, when it warms up i'm going to check that screen and go from there.

Glen Bushur

Right side when you try to back up. It will eventually pop then back up and act funny the next couple times you back up. After that it will run fine all day.

skata

Mine does that slightly when really cold. Feels like a valve is sticking. Let us know if you figure it out.

PeterG

Occupation
Landscape Construction, General Contractor
I never got mine fixed. It's been this way for years. I try and park it always facing where I can drive it forward around a bit to get the fluid hot. Otherwise I just start it and let it warm up at a little above idle for 15 min.
If it's hot it never has an issue, if cold I back up at full power and see if I can get it to pop.

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Do the maintenance and check your fluid compatibility for the weather! Don’t forget about strainer in the joystick inlet fitting. In high speed your fluid just heats up quicker.
Strainer in the joystick inlet fitting? Where is that and what does it look like?

TVA

Strainer in the joystick inlet fitting? Where is that and what does it look like?
Take the adapter fitting from your joystick. Look inside and see if you have strainer in there. Check for obstructions.
It looks like regular adapter from hose end to port, just have strainer in it.

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Take the adapter fitting from your joystick. Look inside and see if you have strainer in there. Check for obstructions.
It looks like regular adapter from hose end to port, just have strainer in it.
Where would that be on this picture?19048CC6-B842-442C-9757-24B2DDAF0C4A.jpeg