• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL130 Drive Issue

skata

That’s my next chore. The right drive is good but It just seems like that left drive is locked up and wont release. I’d like to inspect it without removing it completely if possible.
Drain the oil out of it. If you see metal flakes, then pop the cover off. Depending on the drive style, you may need a new oring for the cover.

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
Drain the oil out of it. If you see metal flakes, then pop the cover off. Depending on the drive style, you may need a new oring for the cover.
Its a Daikin.

skata

Its a Daikin.
There were two style drives. Early versions had the cover held on by Snap ring i believe, then later the cover was bolted on. I've only disassembled the latter, and it takes a couple minutes to remove cover.

azvacs

Occupation
There were two style drives. Early versions had the cover held on by Snap ring i believe, then later the cover was bolted on. I've only disassembled the latter, and it takes a couple minutes to remove cover.
Well, i pulled the cover of and things appeared ok, so i pulled the drive off the machine and back side (hydraulic portion) off.. BAD NEWS! It was ground to a pulp. I don't think the swashplate and cylinder block are supposed to look like that! No wonder it was locked up and would'nt move...Trying to locate a shop to repair and having no luck. Looks like i'll have to get a new drive. OUCH!

Attachments

• B528634B-6C77-41B9-8E4C-A1EA3F16AB7A.jpeg
    B528634B-6C77-41B9-8E4C-A1EA3F16AB7A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

TVA

Well, i pulled the cover of and things appeared ok, so i pulled the drive off the machine and back side (hydraulic portion) off.. BAD NEWS! It was ground to a pulp. I don't think the swashplate and cylinder block are supposed to look like that! No wonder it was locked up and would'nt move...Trying to locate a shop to repair and having no luck. Looks like i'll have to get a new drive. OUCH!
This is closed loop circuit. That amount of debris most likely killed your pump also.
You can isolate the pump and pressure test it to make sure.

azvacs

Occupation
This is closed loop circuit. That amount of debris most likely killed your pump also.
You can isolate the pump and pressure test it to make sure.