• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL130 Drive Issue

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
What was the cause of your problems that you just mentioned?
As far as the hydraulic issues go, I have no movement on the left travel motor. Gauges just arrived. I have to figure out how to hook them up, where, and what to test

skata

Do you mean the buttons on the control levers? They are all stiff and i cant tell if they are even working. I don’t even know what they are supposed to do. I never owned it when it worked. Just got it running. All i know is that one button is the horn and that worked once then stopped. HAHA
You had trouble when lap bar harness was connected. I believe arm float is next to horn button. The buttons on left joystick are for auxiliary hydraulics, and the left trigger switch is for 2 speed.

azvacs

Occupation
You had trouble when lap bar harness was connected. I believe arm float is next to horn button. The buttons on left joystick are for auxiliary hydraulics, and the left trigger switch is for 2 speed.
Yes, thx. I found the operation manual. I just tested hydraulic pressure on P1 and got 0 psi in forward and just under 1000 in reverse with no track movement at at in either direction. Any thoughts?

skata

Yes, thx. I found the operation manual. I just tested hydraulic pressure on P1 and got 0 psi in forward and just under 1000 in reverse with no track movement at at in either direction. Any thoughts?
Sorry. I'm not a hydraulic expert. But I believe there's separate pump for each drive. They both test same? How's the fluid look? Change the pilot filter under cab?
What's the story with this machine? You buy it as a non runner?

azvacs

Occupation
Yes, i bought it and knew it had a drive issue. But i was hoping it was a guild and filter issue be cause of a lack of maintenance. The left drive would barely move. Now, left wont move at all. Its up on blocks, so i can run the tracks and engine while working on testing pressures. But I’m not really sure what I’m looking for. What is correct and what is not. I do believe you are correct, there seems to be a pump for each side.
Everything else seemed to work hydraulically.
Wiring was a mess with a bunch of components broken or missing, like solenoids, switches and jumper wires everywhere.
ALL fluids and filter have been changed now. All wiring has been replaced. At this point, I got to much invested to stop now, plus its become a personal challenge. Who is our resident hydraulic expert?

azvacs

Occupation
Sorry. I'm not a hydraulic expert. But I believe there's separate pump for each drive. They both test same? How's the fluid look? Change the pilot filter under cab?
What's the story with this machine? You buy it as a non runner?
Yes, i bought it and knew it had a drive issue. But i was hoping it was a guild and filter issue be cause of a lack of maintenance. The left drive would barely move. Now, left wont move at all. Its up on blocks, so i can run the tracks and engine while working on testing pressures. But I’m not really sure what I’m looking for. What is correct and what is not. I do believe you are correct, there seems to be a pump for each side.
Everything else seemed to work hydraulically.
Wiring was a mess with a bunch of components broken or missing, like solenoids, switches and jumper wires everywhere.
ALL fluids and filter have been changed now. All wiring has been replaced. At this point, I got to much invested to stop now, plus its become a personal challenge. Who is our resident hydraulic expert?

skata

Do you have a service manual?
I was just looking thru a tl140 manual. It may be similar. You test p2? Screenshot_20220227-125536_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

azvacs

Occupation
Check the pilot pressure? View attachment 254777
Yes, I have the service manual but my readings are 0 on P2 but the track is turning same thing on P1 but that track wont turn. Going to check the charge pressure now.
I’m getting strange readings. P1 0psi forward and 900 in reverse, P2 0 psi forward and 500 psi in reverse. Charge pressure 0 psi. Pilot test port (P3) gives 0 psi readings also. WTH? Am I doing something wrong here? All hydraulics seem to be working except for the left travel motor which i cant get any movement out of.

Last edited:

heymccall

"C" is from one of the gear pumps on the front of the hydrostat pumps. If "C" is zero, then the travel will not pressure up. If zero, either the gear pump is shot, or it's output is going dtraight through the hydrostat pumps...to tank.
Screenshot_20220301-144405_Chrome.jpg

azvacs

Occupation
"C" is from one of the gear pumps on the front of the hydrostat pumps. If "C" is zero, then the travel will not pressure up. If zero, either the gear pump is shot, or it's output is going dtraight through the hydrostat pumps...to tank.
View attachment 254894
How would I determine which one it is? And could that effect just one travel motor?

heymccall

I'd like to see that pressure from port "C" before jumping to any conclusions.
On my TL150 machines, I've never had to replace that gear pump. But, then again, I've never had travel issues. Some are @ over 10k hours.

azvacs

Occupation
On my TL150 machines, I've never had to replace that gear pump. But, then again, I've never had travel issues. Some are @ over 10k hours.
I’ll get a video of it but don’t think I can upload it to this thread

azvacs

Occupation
OK, somewhat of a correction. Changed gauge and got charge pressure of 240 at idle and 260 at high idle. Then pressure dropped to about 110 when joystick is moved