• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Saunders Hauling

K W 900

Ok just got here and found your post. This was back in around 1980 in the fall when this was taken. the big orange Pacific had Eurocan on the door later on about 1984 I think. But when this was taken I think it had McMillan & Blodell on the door back then. Not sure how they spelled that and I don't remember the number on that truck. It had just came in to Kitimat from somewhere else not sure where and kinda showed up in our yard.They put Eurocan on the door after a while in Kitimat.

K W 900

Ya all I know it was a big truck that Pacific and I was inside it once to look at it. It was in great shape and had been looked after well, I'm thinking had the same driver on it for a while and he took care of it. You know what they look like if you get 50 different drivers on one truck you need a shovel to get the garbage out of the cab after a while just so you can find the brake on the thing ha ha. Not sure who drove the truck it was on a different run only saw it on the weekend. K W 900 Happy Trails boys.

K W 900

006.jpg K W 900 here guys I did find another Picture in here of the old Pacific guys. This is Ernie Waters standing by the Pacific but he was not the driver of that truck. You can see a number on the front bumper but I'm not sure what it is for sure. If you guys know the truck you maybe can tell me I'm not sure. They may of had Eurocan on the door when this picture was taken, should of got more pictures I guess ha ha. All I know about the Pacific. Keep the wheels rolling guys diamondtguy and Blk Prince keep the shiney side up and the dirty side down. K W 900.

K W 900

Freill Lake logging. 01.jpg K W 900 Hi Hank I do remember the Fretll Lake trucks and when I was there Butch loaded trucks. He got some nice big loads on the trucks back then you sure knew you had a load on behind you ha ha.

K W 900

Freill Lake Logging 16.jpg K W 900 Ya some loads were big. I think you could do all three loads for the day in one load when Butch put a load on you ha ha. Well now I know why I got over 100 days I had to load light because of overloads at the scales. The truck scales in the truck always went nuts when you got a load like this they didn't read out the weight right half the time so you didn't know just how much you had on for sure. But the mill weigh scales told you when you got there. I think they thought we all were nuts the guys that hauled in from Freill Lake back then lol. cheers guys

K W 900

Freill Lake Logging 08.jpg K W 900 Thanks to Hank R for the pictures, it brought a lot of good memories back to this old coot of a fun time with the guys. I know of the Hirsh Creek and Kitimat River run we all hauled from. Thank you Hank happy trails K W 900.

skadill

A Frame

here's a bit and pic of the unloading from a jan 1975 Tracks and Treads magazine

Attachments

• IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5211.jpg
    IMG_5211.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 161

K W 900

K W 900 I herd about the madill with the A frame that was down there but this is the first time I saw a picture of it. I guess they moved a lot of wood out of there when things were busy. I hauled some logs out of the bay in Kitimat for a bit to Eurocan mill in Kitimat. I just remember them being covered in slime and dripping on you when you put the wrappers over them not to mention the smell that came off them ha ha. Tanks for showing the picture of that. Happy Trails K W 900.

K W 900

Paul Heading Out To Terrace Mill 42.jpg K W 900 This truck looks like I know it. There was a guy named Paul something hauled into Terrace Mill with one like this one.

K W 900

Paul Never Got To The Terrace Mill 43.jpg K W 900 Maybe someone knows who I'm thinking of. Don't have a last name but it was around 1984 and I saw this truck I'm sure I worked with around Terrace then. Anyone got anything on this truck from back then. Thanks guys cheers.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Dave lives here in Princeton and picture is a 1982 848 Kenworth near Kwatna Bay B.C. 1986. I not not seen Dave for 4 or 5 months but will see if he is still around here as there place was for sale.

K W 900

078.jpg K W 900 Ok Hank thanks may be another truck not sure. I know the driver in Tarrace was Paul something that's all I can remember. Anyway I found this picture in my file. And anyone who worked with Friell Lake logging in Kitimat and Terrace from 1980 to 1986 will remember Butch who loaded the log trucks, I'm sure. That was back when Joe and Ken run things there for Friell Lake. I know Darrall Lowes and John Johnson will remember him for sure that worked with me at Saunders. Happy Trails K W 900.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
here's a bit and pic of the unloading from a jan 1975 Tracks and Treads magazine

Hi Skadill, the 4 1/2 month hauling season referred to in this bit, what part of the year is that and is this still the case today? Many thanks for all your posts, and kw900.

K W 900

023.jpg K W 900 now that is good it went on straight and ready for another load boy's. As you can see this is Eurocan's yard in Kitimat by the big hill that was behind the trailer loader. The picture was taken in the fall of 1980 I was driving this 70 something Kenworth then for Saunders. Happy Trails K W 900.

K W 900

Friell Lake Logging 44.jpg K W 900 Thanks to Hank R for the pictures of Freill Lake from Darrell Lowes it has been a good thing for me. I have since then got my phone number to Darrell who I have not talked to since 1986 and he is going to get hold of me when he gets back into Canada from the USA. Thanks to the Lowbed Driver'S help and Hank R for their help finding and remembering things that made this happen. Life goes by guys and you lose track of people and it is nice to find your friends again with help from guys like you. cheers K W 900.