• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

R/C D9R dozer

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
I have a couple people wanting to buy it, definently not kidds. Really would like to build a 463 pull scraper to pull behind the 9. Have tought about some sound.

tippatone

Occupation
Future heavy equipment operator
Hey dirtpusher9, that video rocks. You are a very talented person. Would love to see a scraper, please do it.:yup

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
If you were to dub in Cat recordings, you'd fool a lot of people!! That's the most realistic model I've ever seen! Does the weather cap work on the pipe? If you propped it open it would be even more difficult to figure it out.

tippatone

Occupation
I could watch that video all day. It looks so real, the only thing missing is the sound of the motor. Great work!!

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Thanks for looking guys. The weather cap does work. It was built in mind of having a smoker installed, but haven't seen one yet that will put out like I need.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
No no no that needs to go into the Cat museum, if there is such a thing.

I agree , My house is like a Cat museum ,send'er my way it'll look good displayed with my other Cat models,
I also would like to know what it weighs

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
I agree , My house is like a Cat museum ,send'er my way it'll look good displayed with my other Cat models,
I also would like to know what it weighs

the video says 82lbs

JDOFMEMI

WOW!!!

I just watched all 5 of the YouTube videos, and I am very impressed at the work you have done, both in the build, and in the operation. With the tinted glass so you can't see the lack of an operator in there, it would pass as the real deal if it just had some engine noise. the growl of the motors is almost enough though. Sounds much like a 9 backing up a steep slope, struggling a bit.

Did you find an answer yet to the popping tracks? It seems the sprocket is packing some, with the small teeth. Hard to prevent in the red soil you have there.

I've been looking forward to the completion since your first post, and you did not disappoint.

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Thanks for the kind words.
The popping was because I had the tracks too tight, Jerry. The day before the video, I tightened them up and got a little carried away.lol It's all taken care of now. Thanks again.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
That is absolutely amazing!!! I'd love to see someone dub in some real Cat noise over the video, no one would know the difference!! I can't get over the detail, the oil residue on the fill neck of that one tank and the one roller being off color are great touches. I just can't come up with words for how impressed I am. I used to model trucks from kits when I was younger, this is just amazing.

JDOFMEMI

It just looks better and better the more I see. Like Steve says, a bit of a soundtrack and no one could tell it was not full size.

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Thank you men. Here is another video that was made when the track was still popping, but I think it is a good one.

Steve for you and Jerry I've left a little to the imagination. lol

tippatone

Occupation
That is some great stuff, you are a true artist, keep doing it, it's awesome to watch