• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

R/C D9R dozer

JDOFMEMI

It even has wipers on the door windows!
A simply amazing eye for detail!

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
just showed my wife and she told me for all she knows it looks like a full size piece of equipment :D That really about sums it up great work.

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Thanks, for the kind words.
It was suppose to have had more detail, but I got in a rush and forgot before it was to late. Had it set up for the sliding windows, but it didn't work out like I wanted it to, so I scraped it.

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Still waiting on hydraulics.

Attachments

• tractor 006.jpg
    tractor 006.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,481
  • tractor 005.jpg
    tractor 005.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,459
  • tractor 002.jpg
    tractor 002.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,459

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
:drinkup some project can't wait to see it done! Very, very talented to do that project.

tdozer

I wish that i was small enough to fit in the cab:D. That is absolutely amazing:notworthy. Cant wait to see it hoggin dirt.

Tweak

Nice work dirtpusher-just curious as to what sort of power is going to be in it....electric, gas/oil mix, nitro engine converted to diesel....davis diesel development has some things that may work good here, although you probably know about it already if you built this thing.

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Thanks guys.
It will be powered by two drill motors with the factory planetaries, then geared down another 4to1. Gives me right at 70 ft/lbs of torque over all.

I'll make a video of it pushing and post it.

BigIron25

Wow the detail on this model is just rediculous. Awesome job. There are no words to describe how beautiful of a job you did on this. :drinkup

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
I appreciate the kind words.

The first pushing test went well I'd say, it will push me. (205 lbs.) Video soon!!!!!!!!

dirtpusher9

Occupation
blademan
Hope to have a video tomorrow. Here's a couple pics. Been in the dirt, and done very well.

Attachments

• decals 001.jpg
    decals 001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,292
  • decals 003.jpg
    decals 003.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,288

Hendrik

Hope to have a video tomorrow. Here's a couple pics. Been in the dirt, and done very well.
Ooooh myyyy God, you got dirt on it:eek:
We want videos now and sound effects plus black smoke when it's bogging down:D.
Seriously though, very well done, have you kept a track of the amount of hours and money that went into it?

Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik. It took 2 1/2 years to complete, mainly rainouts and weekends.

My nephew came down and took a short video of the 9. The clicking noise is the tracks were to tight.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlW01c2CwSs
So you won't be knocking up any more in the foreseeable future? Although you will need to make a tiny little pressure washer to clean it with.
I know they make an add on for model trucks to provide sound effects but don't know if they make that sort of thing for earthmoving equipment?
So what are you planning to do with now? Sell it? Take it to model shows? Put it on the shelf or let the kiddies play with it?