• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures from shop and field

mitch504

that Hydrocrane is one of those that uses the cylinder lifting a frame instead of a winch, isn't it? I almost bought one, once, but I thought you'd run out of cable length often.

Moonlite

Theres a guy that does metal art work that uses a bucyrus erie to move his metal work.

dirty4fun

Very nice looking Linkbelts, operated a 78 Pipeliner with a clam bucket and dragline cleaning ditches. Pretty enjoyable operating, once I caught on how to operate it.

Tiny

that Hydrocrane is one of those that uses the cylinder lifting a frame instead of a winch, isn't it? I almost bought one, once, but I thought you'd run out of cable length often.

The gantry lift seemed to work all right , At least the machine the company had . It was quirky because you had to run out the boom then use a starter motor of sorts to payout cable . ( let the hook down with in a foot of the ground) then you were ready to work . The problem was if you found out if you were short on boom and had to squirt more out . set the load down and do the cable length setting all over .

One of the mechanics talked the boss into putting a hydraulic winch on it instead of dealing with repairing the gantry set up . Back when you could modify stuff with out question . It was an H5

dirty4fun

Very good looking repair on the boom, nice touch to paint it when done. I hate seeing repairs left looking like a repair that the person didn't take time to finish. Quality workmanship shows!