• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures from shop and field

HATCHEQUIP

B P  volvo 011.jpgB P  volvo 027.jpgA Volvo TAD1242GE that customer had allready had his men pull head off of when they decided they wanted us to pull unit out of gen set and go thru it.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
good pics. what year is the d8?

HATCHEQUIP

td25 that's a td15e that a farmer down the road brought in when he lost low on the right side.
mike its a d8h 46a 1969 year we got it from TVA. out of frame major on engine and torque with new cat crank about 1000 hours ago we finished up with it on the farm and ran it thru the body shop

HATCHEQUIP

td25 got a question for you or anyone that might know, linings are falling off disks you can rake it off with your thumb or slam one on its edge and the lining falls off any thoughts?? I know on Allison trans. disks in rigid frame haul trucks its a sign of antifreeze in the oil. going to pull oil sample and send off and have already pressurized the trans cooler in the radiator with 30 lbs air and looked for bubbles in water and didn't find any. but Im worried about the trans. discs now since its the same oil as steering.

HATCHEQUIP

Not so far but the dealer down here said they were coming from Chicago I think. I might go with outfit in California on the disks, haven't made up my mind yet but they are half the cost on disks.

td25c

The wireless remote on the TH580B will come in handy at times,Cool. Whats your opinion on the Dresser TD15E from a mechanics point of view HATCHEQUIP ? Is it well built structurally ? Hard to work on or not to bad?

shopguy

Not so far but the dealer down here said they were coming from Chicago I think. I might go with outfit in California on the disks, haven't made up my mind yet but they are half the cost on disks.
Yea I think that is what they told me .I have used the disk from ca . with good results,I have Dresser parts backordered now from them too.:(

td25c

I just dont know HATCHEQUIP? Would think heat & time would be hard on them as anything. I assume they are bonded? If so I would check with my local shop www.brakesupply.com As they may be able to reline the discs.

HATCHEQUIP

had a komotsu in a year ago that was a 2 speed copy cat of dresser and it was a pain getting the top off but the dressers are a good solid machine and not bad to work on this E has the B series cummins instead of the 466 and when you get a operator use to that 2 speed steer they don't know how they ever did without it. But Ive been hearing horror stories about parts for the internationals and dressers,. kind of reminds me of fiat and fatallis back in the early 80s. personally I think dressta is shooting themselves in the foot on this

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
hatch, great start to the thread looking forward to seeing more.......TIO