• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new ride

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
One was purchased the other was shop built in a certified welding shop and both get an annual ndt the shop built one was half the cost.

goosedog

One was purchased the other was shop built in a certified welding shop and both get an annual ndt the shop built one was half the cost.
we have an 16' , we carry on deck of crane; dam thing is heavy and awkward to take off. looking to build one 8' and adjustable .
what the weight of the one in pic ?

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
75 pounds, they are only ten feet long
I have an eng. working on 1 for me that is made up of components that you assemble to different lengths with a centre attachment point for long trusses to get 3 points of attachment. I’ll dig out the sketches post them.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I did a hvac replacement last week it was on an unfinished building the one hanging on my hook in the picture below was number one it was mistakenly ordered as a three phase and had to be swapped out.
18B61DF2-EFD0-42C2-9930-610D4B18F806.jpeg
I had a hour and a half down time waiting on the delivery truck, I was going to sit on the bench and reflect on my actions but decided I could do it more comfortably in the cab of my truck.

462D3E40-E588-42C9-8290-234C38F490D0.jpeg
I would like to get more hvac work but there just isn’t much to go around in a rural area.
FC7EA065-EBE4-40B0-A98A-B344622FFCF5.jpeg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
She’s got a full rack now, I saved up my pennies and bought the last one. I also had several pieces of tin work repainted on manitex’s nickel, I felt when I had it tore apart was the time to add the weight.
4841B87C-EFA9-4D29-AFEA-548941BEE18F.jpeg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
This job started with the truss pile at 24 ft. and setting at 75 ft. in the blind with 2x4’s sticking out 6 ft. It used to bother me, but now oh well just more money in my pocket while they fool around dragging the trusses under their sagging 2x4 . The added counter weight has added a lot of stability, NICE !
867D92E3-27EA-4C35-B689-3A01F98E2B73.jpeg 0CE7BF6E-F1CF-4E53-AD42-F409016664E0.jpeg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
My wife dropped by my sight yesterday and took this picture, I was half done at this point and had pulled in a bunch of stick so I could get to the pile a bit easier.
E9D1F0D3-93AC-47B3-8C35-CE868F9F9C62.jpeg

goosedog

75 pounds, they are only ten feet long
I have an eng. working on 1 for me that is made up of components that you assemble to different lengths with a centre attachment point for long trusses to get 3 points of attachment. I’ll dig out the sketches post them.
Tradesman , would still be interested in sketch if you can post or send to my E-Mail .

Natman

Before I put the 1400 lb counter weight on my National, my arse meter was telling me NO MORE, while the LMI was telling me go further. Now, it's the other way around, still feeling stable with the LMI buzzing..... best $3400.00 I ever spent, though a lot for what amounts to a big chunk of iron.

I had a job 2 days ago, reaching out 77' to the stack, and then setting them right in my face, 20' away. With a good crew, I'll take a second to explain how I need all the stick out to reach the stack, but now with the boom at 75 degrees and working so close, it's a bit touchy so bear with me. In other words working real close is harder then further away, obvious to us but not to the nail benders sometimes. One thing I don't do is constantly retract/extend, and I always try to get the furthest work out of the way first and hopefully when the last truss is set the boom is almost sucked in and I'm ready to hit the road!

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I got my windows tinted today, I did everything but the front glass, when I’m in a hole working with an excavator or on a roof working with a crane I want to see the guy at the controls. I used 35%, dark enough to give me some relief from the sun but not so dark that I feel like I’m in a tunnel, and it looks cool too.
479ED2EC-155E-4D25-BC56-86735DC3FDB7.jpeg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I hate it as well Bro !

Due to national security reasons we can't show it all .

Had to jump through some hoops but finally got them to declassify the Insley K-12 on dragline operation . LOL:)

Well if it’s for national security, I guess we’ll have to wait.is that a missile silo in the back ground?

td25c

No, they don't do silos anymore .

Redacted version .:)

It's actually a top secret XXXX ,XX installed in XXXX to help provide XXXXX

from XXXXXXX and return XXXXXX back 10 fold .

And it's all disguised as a small rural water tower . LOL! :D

We did set a 30,000 gallon nitrogen tank for a customer couple weeks ago .

Went well & used two machines to offload from the trailer & stand it up . I even ran both machines . LOL !

Pretty nice tank . What I liked about it is it had hook points on the bottom for the tail crane .

Came from D&K tanks . http://www.dktanks.com/categories/new_carbon_steel_tanks.html

100_4615.JPG