• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new ride

Knepptune

Who makes that controller?

Hindley electronics sells aftermarket controllers for manlifts. Can't imagine yours are much different then a manlift.

$1200 for a controller seems really steep.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Who makes that controller?

Hindley electronics sells aftermarket controllers for manlifts. Can't imagine yours are much different then a manlift.

$1200 for a controller seems really steep.
OEM in Connecticut

Knepptune

Oem is the manufacture?

Whenever I see oem I think original equipment manufacturer.

That's interesting. Do those controllers work off 5v signal or 12.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Oem is the manufacture?

Whenever I see oem I think original equipment manufacturer.

That's interesting. Do those controllers work off 5v signal or 12.
That's the company name they were very helpful and a bit apologetic that they can't sell me the controller, but I understand why. I might phone the company you suggested and see if they have built my controller. But if they are specific to Elliott and the small numbers of my crane out there it's a pretty poor bet.
I don't know about the voltage I will look it up tonight.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I had an interesting pick today this is a boiler to produce heat for a 19,000 bird broiler barn. They are going to burn chicken manure and wood chips to produce steam ( hot water) to heat the barn. IMG_1247.JPG IMG_1248.JPG

hosspuller

Burn the chicken manure ? What a waste ! (Pun intended) Better to use the manure on a crop (nitrogen fertilizer) Chicken farmer I know said the broiler house floor before clean-out was money in the bank.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Burn the chicken manure ? What a waste ! (Pun intended) Better to use the manure on a crop (nitrogen fertilizer) Chicken farmer I know said the broiler house floor before clean-out was money in the bank.
It is as good as money in the bank, this is to off set the cost of propane to heat the barn. Based on your location heating the barn isn't much concern.

hosspuller

It is as good as money in the bank, this is to off set the cost of propane to heat the barn. Based on your location heating the barn isn't much concern.

yup... Heating the barn isn't quite the expense as up North. But, in the Summer losing power to the fans is just as deadly to the birds.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
yup... Heating the barn isn't quite the expense as up North. But, in the Summer losing power to the fans is just as deadly to the birds.
Hosspuller as in pulling horses? I've had draft horses most of my life, I've never pulled but I've shown and worked in the bush with them.

Knepptune

Now there's a subject I can get interested in. My uncle was big into Belgian horses when I was a kid. My friends dad had pulling horses. Still makes me smile when I think of those big horses drinking mountain dew outta 5 gallon buckets to get them properly energized for the pull.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
IMG_1252.JPG IMG_1254.JPG I had another first today, I put up two internet towers that are fastened to silos, and have at least one more to do. We are doing them on Saturday because the guys climber works else where through the week

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
IMG_1260.JPG I set these trusses today on a little commercial building 8 1/2 hours including about 45 minutes each way travel time. These are really good builders. They weren't ready when I got there, but they took there time marked out the plates with a long tape rather then one truss at a time, I know from experience it's not hard to be out by an inch or two on a long building if you mark one truss at a time, put string lines up on each wall straightened the walls and braced them, marked the trusses on the ground for the strapping spacing. When we got setting trusses every sixteen feet they stopped and tied in and angle braced the truss back to the top plates. They generally did it the way I was taught, my dad always said a couple hundred bucks for the crane is cheap if the trusses are up write and nobody gets hurt.
Only thing they did wrong was put the truss pile where I should of been sitting, couldn't get back far enough to see the peak and had to swing in by guess and by golly.

Natman

Yeah, when I see guys laying out the plate one truss at a time.....I'm always tempted to jump up there and hook over that first one and show them how far off layout they have gotten, 1/16 here, 1/16 there, it adds up. Then I remember I'm not a carpenter anymore! Your crew sounds like the know what they're doing. I bet they even pay on time. The better builders do, it seems.

ichudov

g.jpg View attachment 175919 This is my new ride, a mechanical gooseneck trailer. It was actually very well maintained and needs seemingly nothing.

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Mechanical-Gooseneck-Trailer/

This is a picture of its first use by me. I love it because it is so light for its size. Lets me haul more stuff per load.

I need to learn how to stay out of trouble with its low deck. I saw some railroad crossings where this trailer would hang up.

Also, we worked on the truck, thanks mostly to our mechanic the doors no longer blow air through them and also the heater works properly. It is really comfortable for long rides in cold weather. It used to be way too hot.

Last edited:

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Yes you are to close for me, might get a job up here gradeing roads in winter in town. You have 25 ft or more of deck there??

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
IMG_1317.JPG IMG_1329.JPG IMG_1331.JPG IMG_1333.JPG
Just a few pictures of some picks over the last couple weeks, and a cool picture of a bullet supposedly found during one of the world wars