• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My OWN Fault

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
!2 loads each on two trucks today and down to a minimal amount for the excavator operator to use as a pedestal to go after the rock directly behind the cab on my truck in previous photo next. Has a fracture line as the first and has a Cedar root from top to out of the bottom. More haul off and we are to see miserable rains tonight thru tomorrow.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Back into this haul off this morning as all loose rock is down. As well a unexpected change, owner asked if I thought would care to run a Short Base Tr/Trlr on a Clay haul to Hannibal MO Cement plant. Self Load in Drake MO, haul to delivery site, pick up rock or sand on way back and repeat up to three trips daily. Believe can handle it, so said yes, once again will be My Own Fault. Photos to follow as start this aspect Tuesday. Reason being another driver getting New Truck/trailer combo and will be giving up his short wb rig.

And still they have a Unanswered Jobs Posting on a trade site and in local jobs market papers/sites. CANNOT get applicants as most companies here cannot, the ones that do answer hear 'Drug Test' and fail to show up for interviews.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
CANNOT get applicants as most companies here cannot, the ones that do answer hear 'Drug Test' and fail to show up for interviews.
Reminds me about the time a few years back when at the quarry the boss was set to hire a new guy one Monday and he told the guy all he needed to do was to swing by the test place to get tested for drugs. Guys reply was "How about we make an appointment for latter in the week?". One more wasted morning for the boss!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Or then there was at least one guy who showed up for his interview and after talking to the guy boss took him on a tour of the quarry to show him the various parts of the operation. Back at the office guys says: "No thank-you" and gets in his truck and leaves!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Will expand a bit, Double Wall trailer with additional Full sweep liner, drop axles ONLY go down on straight roads and crossing scales otherwise are Up. Average load out at Clay Stockpile is Two heaping scoops 963B front, then Two Rear then additional two across top of lower loaded material, can see it above bed height is a 'Good' 80K gross weight:D:D Wheels for Bridge Formula Crap but trailers designed for Inside Building Dumps.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
This was end result of air lift axle failing to raise on the little dump truck
Could not get weight off tag so destroyed the blowout.
F20DD641-2971-4950-8E30-E280985A7F5C.jpeg

JPV

Around here forgetting to put your drop axle down when loaded is an easy ticket, do you guys just hope for the best or is that standard procedure by everyone there?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
We have overzealous DOT Personnel too, just these do not steer so come up to turn or maneuver and Especially unload.

Reactions: JPV

oarwhat

In New York if you raise the axle for a turn it's illegal . Over zealous cops that know this love giving tickets. Not even the truck cops

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
For us the controls for the drops were always supposed to be outside of the cab. You had to stop the truck in order to lower or raise them. Has that changed?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Most of the tri-axles here like the red Freightliner DM is driving have the lift axle controls on the dump towner in the cab. I am sure it's illegal to lift the axle for a turn but in my experience the DOT cops let it slide.