• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My OWN Fault

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Not so much a 'Law' as a Desired location by DOT or state controlled, all the trucks even the Tractor Trailer sets are cab controlled here. Only hard mount exterior Dump is suspension dump to unload and release tailgate in MO or IL AFAIK.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Today was a Day Off, had to make a Eye Doc visit, will NOT EVER disregard my eye health with one Iffy and only other one in Good Order. All is Unchanged but did Dilate them, BIG as Dinner Plates and always makes Brightness a BAD Word!! Rain setting in Wednesday/Thursday, will see where the boss desires my efforts next.

crane operator

Not so much a 'Law' as a Desired location by DOT or state controlled, all the trucks even the Tractor Trailer sets are cab controlled her

It used to be in the Oversize/overweight reg book in the section under "lift axles". It used to read, "outside of cab" or something, but the new book doesn't mention it. I was always concerned about getting dinged for it, but was willing to take the chance vs. getting hung up with drives off the ground and no cab control.

Its not in the new book.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
New wagon today as the 40? Something whiny guy left the company on Friday for new gig. He was smoker so truck reeks of Cig Smoke, ash trash full partial Chew spit bottle in cup holder(ALL Weekend) left trash and empty fuel tank as well where burn't bridges generally come back to haunt ya.

2012? Western Star twin to the one I got to use on Second Day, HOWEVER this one is far more Loosened up. Gonna be a test of my endurance of crap to clean and disinfect delouse it then start getting the issues left go too long rectified.
Unit 191, twin to this one. Two dash switches for the axles and regulators on Hoist console. 255k on it. Weighs 26500 empty and had a DD13 in it.

IMG_9094.JPG

Bootheal

For ‘just helping out’ after retirement, I think you have landed in a pretty nice company. Appears you are at least as busy as you want to be!

The company I recently retired from, has worked in Hermann off and on. Nice place and generally friendly folks. If you run into a Forrest O., say hi from Mike. I need to make a bike run that way when things warm up around here!

I enjoy your posts. Don’t catch all the engine/vehicle numbers ever time but makes a nice read (with pictures).

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Forrest and Vickie are friends
Wife is a member of the Eagles here and I have been around those two for right at four years now
He has been battling with prostate cancer but doing well against it

Bootheal

DMiller, you have good friends!

Glad he’s doing better. Have lots of excuses for not getting by the corner tavern to see him but none are very good!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Vickie moved her office, was space renting and the owner sold out. See Forrest on occasion around town not so prevalent anymore but is over 80. Not been to a Eagle's Dinner in awhile due to CV19 shutting them down but may get back to there one of these days. Send my a PM as to last name and company work for!!!

gwhammy

I can't imagine driving loaded trucks in the hills around Herman. As far as the side boards if you load enough they are going to get broke. I haul about anything I can load on my old rough bed. Concrete slabs with the 18000 lb excavator got the last one. The 973 is terrible on boards as one clod rolling out of the bucket will get them.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Haul clay out of mined pit areas all around Hermann, Drake and up to Montgomery County. Hauled loads of Bridge Blanket on Gravel county roads from First Creek Quarry 14 miles around to hwy F then hwy J to a new bridge project. Was NOT easy or fun, old single lane low water crossing Zastrow Rd. off First Creek Rd, nearly no shoulder and if pushed onto those mud base no bottom, the company had one truck roll on this road. Bridge site within eyesight of quarry entrance. Went thru same Crap with Hwy J bridge Montgomery County, Sits at Quarry Rd entrance off Hwy J, had to drive 9 miles around and across Suicide Hill(with a Run ended up in second gear climbing the 8+% grade) with 21t on nearly every load. Connects Hwy K to Hwy J across a ridgeline. Never a dull moment.

gwhammy

I've only worked in Herman one day with a mini ex. Dug a sewer at a old building they were restoring on the west side as you come in from the bridge. Not to bad coming in from Montgomery City with small ex. I've worked at the Nuke a few times, getting equipment in and out of there from Mokane or Fulton isn't the best. I'll stick to the flatter country I live. You know a guy that owns a body shop that just retired in Herman. Marion if I remember right.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Merlin
We ride together some
Harveys body shop

send me a PM on real name as I knew a great deal of the contractors
Mike Goff
Deb Dubert
Benningfield
Others

you probably worked on the Deutchheim building

gwhammy

Your right Merlin, I did some work for them when they had a place on Mark Twain. Good people. You don't happen to ride with half crazy retired carpenter from Montgomery City named Rod?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
BIG change up in Morning, I get to team up with Cain, in old truck 26. Will enlighten with photos after the day is done.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
BTW Gary, Merlin says Hi!!

As of end of day today, we filled Old #26 to the limit, normal driver was off for VA Doc visit will be back tomorrow.

IMG_9330.JPG IMG_9331.JPG IMG_9332.JPG IMG_9333.JPG

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Never understood the rear load winch dumpsters when a front loader is so much quicker.

crane operator

Never understood the rear load winch dumpsters when a front loader is so much quicker.

Because on the front loaders, you better not be driving around with your window open and your arm on the door. Have you ever seen what the front of those trucks look like when you've had some wet weather? It ain't pretty, and its all over the front of the truck.

garbage truck 1.jpg garbage truck 2.jpg