• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

petepilot

a friend of mine bought one of those f models in 76 a700 series with all the bells and whistles you could order from mack at the time . picked it up in la and started east got to west memphis ark and got hit head on by a boat. yeah a boat . was on a trailer going west got loose and slid across the median about 60 mph and hit him dead center it tore that new mack all to hell an damn near killed him. talk about a rough first trip with a new truck

crane operator

So Junkyard- are you in on the bidding on this detach? Its right in your neighborhood. The listing says it just needs a new floor, but looks to me like it might need a little more work than that.

Like the neck and the axles might be worth saving. It's up to $9200 right now, I wouldn't give $920, but there's evidently two guys out there who think they can save it.

Would there be any way to straighten those main rails, and get them to stay? Not that I want a mechanical detach, but why are two guys bidding on this thing?

https://www.purplewave.com/auction/181025/item/DE6416

DE6416P.JPG
DE6416T.JPG

DE6416Y.JPG
DE6416ZH.JPG

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I'm betting that wood is hiding some serious issues. With the top of the beams buckled like that it's probably dragging it's belly, take a truck with an air bag 5th wheel to pick it up. :D

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
You can fix the rolled top flange....by cutting it off and replacing it! I’ve fixed a small spot in one but that’s beyond fixing. It’s less work to replace. That’s a $3,500 yard trailer now.

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
I have fixed some pretty rough stuff over the years. But that trailer needs some serious work and several crossmembers to make it right. It is not a $920.00 trailer. In my opinion.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I can really see that point, but then someone has to pay the auction fee. Can get a hell of a lot better than this for just a little more coin and use it right away. $12600 is NUTS!

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
20180708_121323.jpg This is a pic of my old '74 Pete grainhauler. Snapped it off the screen, it was easier than trying to post direct.
It had a hopped up 335 Cummins, with a set of ultra lite Merritt hoppers it would haul 34 ton net.