• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
You rang? :)

I haven’t been on CL in awhile. May have to go take a look. I did spend a little of my toy budget on an M1 Garand the other day......

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
You rang? :)

I haven’t been on CL in awhile. May have to go take a look. I did spend a little of my toy budget on an M1 Garand the other day......
What did you get? Early WW2? or later? My first M1 was a 1942 Springfield/Danish rebuild. 6 digit serial. The second was a Custom .308 build with all new CMP wood and a later Springfield (postwar) receiver. Got an M1A and a BM59E to round it all out. Of course the girlfriend has claimed the Garands as her's. (shoots them better than I do).

crane operator

Well if its a shooter and you're bringing the ammo- I'll help burn some of it up. If its just a safe queen, bring it over, I'll break it in, then you can just go put it back in the safe and what you don't know- won't hurt you.

I had a guy try to sell me some consecutive numbered shotguns, as new, unfired in the box. They were nice guns, but the unfired rarity wouldn't mean much once they were in my hands, I guess I'm not going to own something I can't shoot. I passed on them, they would mean more $ wise to a collector.

The KW actually looks pretty straight in the pictures.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
What did you get? Early WW2? or later? My first M1 was a 1942 Springfield/Danish rebuild. 6 digit serial. The second was a Custom .308 build with all new CMP wood and a later Springfield (postwar) receiver. Got an M1A and a BM59E to round it all out. Of course the girlfriend has claimed the Garands as her's. (shoots them better than I do).

May 1943 build. 7 digit S/N. It’s a shooter. In good shape. Hasn’t been restored or anything like that. Not sure what kind of action it’s seen. Anxious to get my hands on some safe ammo and make some noise!!

E24A166C-F11B-4EDA-A966-0167D0E33266.jpeg

Wytruckwrench

I just took a self loader and bunks off of a A model Kenworth. I can’t remember the year 8V92 and 13 speed. Supposed to have been overhauled very recent. I’ll have to take some pics. I put the loader and bunks on a R model Mack that I had overhauled a while back.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I just took a self loader and bunks off of a A model Kenworth. I can’t remember the year 8V92 and 13 speed. Supposed to have been overhauled very recent. I’ll have to take some pics. I put the loader and bunks on a R model Mack that I had overhauled a while back.

That would be a cool one to have as well. No need for a radio in one of those!

crane operator

I passed on this on a sale today. Who knows what I would have done with it. Chrysler engine, all wheel drive and all wheel steer. It was a surplus airplane tug- said it could pull 100,000lbs.

Front bumper and rear bumpers were big cast counterweights.

They had it all chained up as a snowplow. Tag on the dash said max of like 10mph I think.

20181006_104548.jpg 20181006_104557.jpg 20181006_104621.jpg 20181006_104658.jpg

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I passed on this on a sale today. Who knows what I would have done with it. Chrysler engine, all wheel drive and all wheel steer. It was a surplus airplane tug- said it could pull 100,000lbs.

Front bumper and rear bumpers were big cast counterweights.

They had it all chained up as a snowplow. Tag on the dash said max of like 10mph I think.

View attachment 186924 View attachment 186925 View attachment 186926 View attachment 186927
Definitely a Coleman product.