• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

skyking1

This was probably the last Telecommander rig I operated, here we're setting traffic signals. Pretty short stick you either nailed your spot or picked up and moved. It was annoying for a boom truck guy. This was a short coupled little bugger with a pole in the rest. Railroad crossings would rock your world!
Cummins with Allison auto, the only one I ever drove. Clutch foot kept going for the floor :D
IMG-20170711-103358.jpg

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
We never had a L/G system but the F-700 had 24 chambers in the back and the tiniest air chambers and drums in the front I have ever seen. Was hard to get parts for. They did work OK though, so long as you did not heat them up with lack of engine brake.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
North east of here is a small
Section of Illinois across the Golden Eagle Ferry. Some of the largest apple peach orchards around here, huge smoke pots for those frosty spring nights when flowers have not pollenated. Little burg I grew up in used smudge pots until I was 9.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Dating myself, but, yea I remember the smudge pots being used in our small town.....
Have to ask the dpw guy if we still have any, lol.

Ed
I have had that since the early 60' my cousin 3 years older than me borrowed a couple in 62 or 3. I remember the city crew man would drive around and switch out pots for full ones. I wonder why there were not more grass fires around in the good old days. Me I was not bad just full of fun....