• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
School bus has come a long way for the kids comfort.
View attachment 276973

The bottom one on the page shows 52-110 capacity! I assume to get the 110 they would have to be kindergarten kids! I would feel so bad for the driver with 110 of those on one bus.

Forget the capacity of the busses I rode back in the 1950's and `60's, but recall there were capacities near the door that listed XXSitting, XXStanding. I don't think the standing part would be allowed these days, but do recall some of the ones I road did have kids standing at least for the first part of the trip home!

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Capacity here when I drove school bus was 3 to a seat on my bus was 72 but in the real world at 2 to a seat was 48 any more than 55 was dam full load as kids all have back packs etc. Then some kid is in band class and has a huge instrument he wants to take home to play oh the fun.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
My first bus I had was this Dodge it was a blast geared just right, heading west out of town could pass trucks on the sand hill and rear seat was full width and 6 high school kids would jam in the back seat or a dozen grade 1 to 3 kids.

1.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Liked those old Dodge Cab style.
My Beast, As Bought, Modded to Duals and Broken, replacement cab in bed. Then Done with
The Beast.pdf

Attachments

• The Beast.pdf
    453.4 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: DB2

56wrench

I always liked the style of the D series IH trucks. I like the K and KB series too. Then the IH style fell down in the 60’s to become better before they went out of production in the 70,s

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Not really been fond of the S Series of the 80s, even the 9600s or 9000s later, Lonestar's have to be someone's worst pipe/wet dream.

Tugger2

I learned to drive trucks on this International in my early 20 s .I use the term learned loosely. 318 Jimmy / 15 speed. Back then it was just help yourself and fix what you broke. had a few adventures . Not sure where the truck is today ,but i still have the Insley. img821.jpg