• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I still think GM borrowed the old Pontiac 389/421/455 for the 6.2, Saw one sitting next to a 389, damned similar and in NO WAY a Olds base. The Fuel Pincher was just a boat anchor disguised as a engine by DD.

Mother Deuce

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Quads were no fun when hung up, hard enough to deal with until someone gets frisky trying to slam shift. No Ls here I ever worked but a number of Quadruplex trans sets and loads of the old 5x4/4x4 sets many with cable shift brownies.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Those are the typical fuel tanks seen on Bs around here, would love a beast as that, not enough coin to buy then fix or to just get it back here.

Truck Shop

Because they probably have two different B models and mixed the photos up. You are worse than Gayle the other mechanic in our shop, always pointing out oddities :). I love it when I catch him missing something.
But I was wondering when someone would notice it. I found pictures of a Kenworth for sale and in one
photo it had power steering and in another manual steering.

Last edited:

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Because they probably have two different B models and mixed the photos up. You are worse than Gayle the other mechanic in our shop, always pointing out oddities :). I love it when I catch him missing something.
But I was wondering when someone would notice it. I found pictures of a Kenworth for sale and in one
photo it had power steering and in another manual steering.
It's very tempting to build my service truck on that one... If it was $3K or less… Which is the rarer version, B or L cab?

Truck Shop

The price isn't that bad for a B73, 75's were Mack powered and 73's were Cummins powered. The good thing about that one is where it's located the body should have minimal rust.
The bad part about it is it only has a bill of sale with it no title, In Washington that becomes a major pain in the a$$ with DOL. Especially coming from California. DOL and state patrol
inspectors just won't give clearance for new title unless every person going all the way back has signed a release of interest plus it can be proven that it is not stolen.

But you would look good in it RZ.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I saw that as well may where would be a deal breaker, NO TITLE, just a bill of sale, wonder how that works out in CA? If one could get a CA title before transport or moving it.