• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Kind of looks like Orting in the valley. Are you over by the crater?

Weather changed again this afternoon and the mountain is invisible again. The machine colors would look great with the mountain just above the machine.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
I was very hesitant the first time I did it but it doesn't hurt anything except rubbing some paint off. Just gotta make sure there's no big ones stuck in the top saw scabbard or in the fittings of the delimb cylinder

I take it you can't bring the heel round into play for rough grading, the head would get rubbed up worse against the heel if you tried?

hoechucker

The head hangs lower than the heel unless the boom is straight out. The way I have to do it seems to work the best but I do try to keep it to the minimum

John C.

Occupation
That a South Star processor? They were just coming out when I parted association with the Cat dealer.

big ben

That a South Star processor? They were just coming out when I parted association with the Cat dealer.

Yup. Looks like a QS605. They found success and sold to Quadco years ago. Quadco is Quadco attachments , LogMax and Southstar. All owned by Komatsu last I heard.

John C.

Occupation
I edited some video of a Southstar grapple that had a chain saw. It was used for cutting the blown down trees after a windstorm.