• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It's missing a couple axles to be one of mine.
Good looking truck. Gotta love owner/operator pride.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
It's missing a couple axles to be one of mine.
Good looking truck. Gotta love owner/operator pride.

Remember the "good old days" when you could make a decent living with just those axles? There are days when I wish that were all the axles allowed and you just added more trucks. (Lowboys excepted...)

hoechucker

I use those things just like you would use grapple. I don't have a choice, no loader to do it with. They are actually really tough but you have to dig the big rocks when you're done playing grader man.

hoechucker

I was very hesitant the first time I did it but it doesn't hurt anything except rubbing some paint off. Just gotta make sure there's no big ones stuck in the top saw scabbard or in the fittings of the delimb cylinder

hoechucker

dumb question. is any of the road stone ever reclaimed after an area has been cut out?
I think they've done it a few times where we wouldn't be back in there for however long it takes to grow these little things. When you get that reclaimed stuff it usually has a lot of dirt in it and it will get the road fabric in big chunks mixed in and it just ends up making a mess. Plus if you leave it you already have a rock road there for the next time you log it

JPV

We have had some landowners have us steal rock off spurs that have recently been logged and won't need a road for another 35 years or so but like hoechucker says it is pretty dirty rock. It works and makes sense sometimes but usually it is a mess and a pain.