• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW updates

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
LOL!!
Working up ideas to utilize a removed and partially bent up tank step for pieces, perhaps have some 1/8-3/16” aluminum sheared and broke to form angle to mount to that face then a similar piece to pedestal on the upper step on aluminum formed supports
Have plenty of hucks to mount them.

Truck Shop

Life expectancy of ABS with no issues is about 7 years, sensors and cables 10 years, modulators 16,
main chassis ABS harness 14 years. Normally the harness will last a good while but if disturbed, ABS
harness doesn't like that.
This morning a trailer with issue-computer/controller inside service brake valve. I have a 75' coax
cable with adapter at 7 way run into shop office PC set up with Wabco software.

As far as step-there was a outlet for three step cover on right side positioned for door opening.

emmett518

I don't understand how insurance can triple a guys rate like that. A youtube guy called Tow Piglet closed his hotshot business after his insurance more than doubled year over year.

The insurance for my tree service business went up 44% this year, and I have a flawless insurance history. I shopped around, but that was still the best deal available to me.
Maybe they want to drive the little guys out of business. Part of the communist Great Reset.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Life expectancy of ABS with no issues is about 7 years, sensors and cables 10 years, modulators 16,
main chassis ABS harness 14 years. Normally the harness will last a good while but if disturbed, ABS
harness doesn't like that.
This morning a trailer with issue-computer/controller inside service brake valve. I have a 75' coax
cable with adapter at 7 way run into shop office PC set up with Wabco software.

As far as step-there was a outlet for three step cover on right side positioned for door opening.
Can see harness issues on age, replaced all four wheel sensors back to frame harness plugs repairs should manage on Modulator for a time yet have downloaded the troubleshoot guide and component ID from Wabco. Will look up that three step right cover.

Truck Shop

Maybe they want to drive the little guys out of business. Part of the communist Great Reset.

Big BUSINESS folks BIG Business---BIG BUSINESS IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. It owns the gov, it's about
investors, and getting richer while the bottom 90% pay their taxes. When are you folks going to learn,
insurance companies are the main lenders to banks that's where banks get their money.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I don't think they send out phone books anymore.:rolleyes:
I get one for here it’s only quarter inch thick, might need a Chicago or Houston phone book for that use :D I heard they are tossing books out of the school library’s, might get a few from there :oops:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Next wrinkle dropped today!!
Eye doc appointment I had last June for floaters found cataract in Good eye, made this appointment before xmas as of today that cataract has erupted, time to fix. Along with that time to clean deposition material off Left lens.

In June cataract was at about 5-7% estimated and photographed. Today it is over 60% where photo was ugly. Big concern, the floaters are still present, should have resorbed but haven't, and are in a strange location as to in the front of the eye fluid not to the rear as are expected to be, where Both eyes have them in that orientation. Both docs and the eye surgeon they spoke to today have not run across a persistent floater concern that had not self resolved nor with them right behind the lens, EVER. Cataract eruption should have taken YEARS, some other aspect is involved and no one is venturing a guess as to why this one just went off.
First consultation with the surgeon is Jan 17th, made a opening to get me in. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy over this. Really not looking forward to going blind either.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

I get to visit my doc on the 5th-I somehow feel my PSA level will be high. Been expecting it.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Sounds like one of my neighbors I don't want to bury in the back 40 out here. Elderly couple living in actual house/with built in basement about 10 miles up the road. Leaking cataract possible blindness in her future too. She is heavy set and a smoker.

They've since built out the porch on the back of their place and one on the front and cleaned the place up. Met them driving home got flagged down asking if my dump truck was for hire.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/24-Sage-Dr_Miles-City_MT_59301_M91735-80103
We get invited to holiday dinners since they have been out here, interesting how things go.

oarwhat

D Miller a friend of mine has had cataracts erupt very quickly in the last few years. So it does happen. Hopefully you'll have no issues.

Old Doug

Next wrinkle dropped today!!
Eye doc appointment I had last June for floaters found cataract in Good eye, made this appointment before xmas as of today that cataract has erupted, time to fix. Along with that time to clean deposition material off Left lens.

In June cataract was at about 5-7% estimated and photographed. Today it is over 60% where photo was ugly. Big concern, the floaters are still present, should have resorbed but haven't, and are in a strange location as to in the front of the eye fluid not to the rear as are expected to be, where Both eyes have them in that orientation. Both docs and the eye surgeon they spoke to today have not run across a persistent floater concern that had not self resolved nor with them right behind the lens, EVER. Cataract eruption should have taken YEARS, some other aspect is involved and no one is venturing a guess as to why this one just went off.
First consultation with the surgeon is Jan 17th, made a opening to get me in. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy over this. Really not looking forward to going blind either.
I had been to the eye doctor several times years prior to being told i had cataracts . I would like to know if they didnt notice them or they happen all the sudden ? I was working as a welder 5 years ago and thought i wondered if i couldnt see as well as others i worked with.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Can come on as a start quickly the effect is as a blurry spot on glasses or a hood lens you feel are looking around. Usually take years to fully form if age related. Was told long ago having blue or hazel eye color was harder on you as a welder than brown or green, something about light frequency absorption.